Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site Applications
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Hi there,

When's the blog section coming up again? All it shows now is: "Blogs Temporarily Disabled" and we are using it quite frequently.

Cheers,

Haz.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Quote by System
Hi there,

When's the blog section coming up again? All it shows now is: "Blogs Temporarily Disabled" and we are using it quite frequently.

Cheers,

Haz.

I'm working on it. Right now, it's a big source of spam, and I'm working on a better way to post that won't lead to issues. It will be back soon. As an example, I deleted 130,000 blog posts from just www.dkpsystem.com (not even guild sites). The obvious solution is to add the option to limit posting by rank. But for now, I've got it disabled to prevent further spam.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Glad to hear it, Chops.
We use it to show the progress of our (lotro) kinship RP sessions. Sounds strange maybe, but it is the best means available for it.
And we have the strict policy in our kin that no one else uses it for any other purpose. Shame that admin's cannot remove other people's blogs. But then posting by rank might also be a good solution, yes.
Can you maybe give an estimation? Will it be weeks? Because then I'll temporarily switch to using a thread in stead.

Cheers,

Haz.
It will be this week when the blogs get re-implemented.

--
Quote by Chops
It will be this week when the blogs get re-implemented.

Ok! Thanks, Chops.
Blogs have been re-enabled with a few much needed improvements:

* Admins can now edit and delete other users' posts, in addition to completely wiping out those posts.
* Minimum rank to make blog posts has been set up in Admin > Security > Feature Access

--
Yay! Greatly appreciated, Chops!

[Back to Index]