Password:

Forgot your password?
Live Chat

Live Chat
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Indeed it would. I've got something on the list to implement for Live Chat. I've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 different ways of notification, but I've not yet decided on it.

I'm going to continue thinking about the "best" solution while I keep working on the new hardware.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Indeed it would. I've got something on the list to implement for Live Chat. I've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 different ways of notification, but I've not yet decided on it.

I'm going to continue thinking about the "best" solution while I keep working on the new hardware.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

If the alert pop-ups weren't twitchy, that would be a great way to let people know that others were actively chatting.

Also on that same note...would it be possible to toggle off the alerts? My guild will be using the RFI for our MC Loot Distribution (non-DKP) and the thought of seeing an alert everytime someone posted their 3 weekly "wish list" items is a bit much.

We brought over the majority of our guild last night and the guys were blown away by all the tools and functions availble. Site gets mad props...

----

If the alert pop-ups weren't twitchy, that would be a great way to let people know that others were actively chatting.

Also on that same note...would it be possible to toggle off the alerts? My guild will be using the RFI for our MC Loot Distribution (non-DKP) and the thought of seeing an alert everytime someone posted their 3 weekly "wish list" items is a bit much.

We brought over the majority of our guild last night and the guys were blown away by all the tools and functions availble. Site gets mad props...

Ouch...RFI for priority lists?

Perhaps we can work out a better implementation there, something like a formal priority list. The intent of RFI was simply as a quick means of getting stuff from the Guild Bank (or important items like Onyxia Cloaks, Core-made items, etc), to players, rather than as a primary means of loot distribution.

I've had a number of ideas about priority-based loot systems in the past, and there are so many ways of doing it.

I'll post one that I had tinkered with many months ago with my guild (though we never went with it, as people dind't want a loot system for ZG):

or ZG and the 20-man Ahn-Qiraj, I propose the usage of a "Priority" system:

Every player who will attend ZG will need to set their top 3 desired items from ZG (through an interface I'll build on the website). You will need to be certain you've prioritized this. When an item drops, we then consult the lists, and determine who has that item highest on their list. Whoever has that item highest on their priority list, recieves it. If there is a tie between two or more, then they roll on the item (just between the top players).

When an item is recieved, a cooldown becomes initiated for that player. The length of the cooldown depends on the priority placed upon the item:

Priority 1 = 4 hakkar kills
Priority 2 = 3 hakkar kills
Priority 3 = 2 hakkar kills
Not on List = no cooldown

This means that you will not have the power to invoke your "looting rights" based on priority until after you've attended that many more hakkar-kills.

Here's an example (These items are just examples and are not necessarily real):
Choptastic's Priorities:
1: Bloodcaller
2: Heart of Hakkar
3: Cloak of Consumption

Mccartney's Priorities:
1: Bloodcaller
2: Cloak of Consumption
3: Heart of Hakkar

We kill Hakkar, and the Bloodcaller drops. Because we both have tied in terms of priority, we both roll for it. Whoever rolls highest gets the item. Assuming Mccartney wins the roll, and gets the item, the cooldown will start for him at 4 Hakkar kills. He will not be able to roll against anyone for the next 4 kills he is in attendance. After that 4th kill, it's like he never recieved any item.

Now, lets say the Heart of Hakkar drops. Heart of Hakkar is 2nd on my list, while Mccartney has it 3rd on his list. Seeing that the item is placed as higher priority on my list than Mcc's, it would go to me without a roll (this is assuming no one else but Mcc and me want it). Being 2nd on my list of priorities, the 3-kill cooldown will go active on me.

Finally, lets say something like Ancient Hakkari Manslayer and neither McCartney nor I have this item on our lists, but we are gungho on being Melee warlocks wielding Axes. In this case, if anyone else has it on their list, they get the dibs, as described. But if no one has it on their list, then it's just a roll between interested parties, and no cooldown.

A system of this nature will help to ensure people get the items they want first, while keeping the excitement of rolling in-tact. First timers have equal chance of getting an item as Veterans who've been farming it, but once you get an item, it'll be a while before you can snag one from another.

I never implemented the code-base for that, because we never went with it, but I can certainly add it to the list.

As for the "twitchyness" of the alert box, I suspect you're using Internet Explorer, eh? IE's CSS support is incomplete, and as a result, a hack approach was needed to make the alert box even function in IE. I strongly advise getting firefox (http://www.getfirefox.com ) for all your browsing needs.

----

--
Additionally, that system would be tweakable in the following ways:

1) The "cooldown" lengths of each rank of item
2) The number of items that can be listed in a priority list.

----

--
Additionally, that system would be tweakable in the following ways:

1) The "cooldown" lengths of each rank of item
2) The number of items that can be listed in a priority list.

----

See the other thread you made, for more comments by me in regards to this.

----

--

[Back to Index]