Forgot your password?
GetGRSSDKP.exe Issue

GetGRSSDKP.exe Issue
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hello,

First time posting here with an issue, hope this is the right place!

Recently I had an error when using GRSS where when I tried to fetch data from my server it said the URL was bad, which didn't make sense. I tried deleting the addon and re-installing, but ever since I did that when i try and run the .exe nothing happens. After a long time of sifting through stuff I noticed my AV stated it detected a virus in C: \users\bob\appdata\local\temp\par-bob\cache-1241117580\getgrssdkp.exe

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Hmm.. Interesting. What Antivirus do you use and what are the virus details that it's triggering? I just tested the GetGRSSDKP.exe provided from the website by https://www.virustotal.com/file/ca9ba8f6b41fa2dacc124235a2d53da3ab53cf6e9790645908ee66ec722d8c63/analysis/1355368609/

As for the error you got when entering your address, what was the URL you entered into the program?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
My AV is Bitdefender; if I understand your question about virus details it states Gen: Variant.Strictor.18174

The URL I was entering into the program when the window was actually popping up is mischief.dkpsystem.com ; I had one of my officers try uploading using his program and he had no issues.
I ran both .exe in your VirusTotal place; the one in my addon folder and the one in the appdata area as well; just fyi they turned up same as yours, clean...which is part of the reason I'm confused
At this time it's to the point where I try and run the .exe (even tried running it as administrator) and it's just, nothing happens.
Interesting, thank you for the details.

As for the installation, the GetGRSSDKP program should just be in your Addons folder (Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot).

I suspect that bitdefender is outright blocking the running of GetGRSSDKP.exe.

I suspect it's worth filing a false positive report with BitDefender if it's convenient. I'll do the same.

ALSO, when you initially ran the app and it *kinda* worked, did it return the error *immediately*, or was there a delay of some sort? The reason I ask is that *usually* when it returns immediately with a failed address, it tends to be that a firewall is actively blocking the program's attempt at contacting the outside world - that may very well be the moment when BitDefender first noticed it, and since has marked it as a virus.

Beyond that, if you feel confident (As I do) that it is indeed a false positive, you could try making an exception in BitDefender to let GetGRSSDKP.exe run.

--
Hey Chops,

First off I appreciate all of your assistance thus far in this matter.

When I initially ran the app and it "kinda" worked there was most certainly a delay in the app running; it seemed like it really did try and fetch the data like normal, just instead of the normal successful popup box I gt the unsuccessful URL one.

Also, I am confident it is a false positive, and had already made an exception with Bitdefender to let the .exe run, but it's still "doing nothing" when I try and run it. Not only have I tried running as administrator, I tried running compatibility mode in Win7 as well, no change. I'd tried running from the addon folder itself, and as a shortcut.

Another funny thing, is that I took the download from the website here directly, but when I log into game (even though the .exe won't work) and i type /show grss I get a red message saying there's a newer version (2.024) and I should go download it, yet I downloaded it from dkpsystem.com directly already. *boggle*
I'd like to expand on the .exe doing "nothing". I double click on the .exe, the hourglass appears for half a second and dissapears, seemingly like nothing happened (in this case the prompt to fetch data never shows up). However, what does happen is some form of the .exe being added to the aforementioned appdata file.
I finally fix'd the issue; turns out I had to delete the .exe from the appdata subfile, then in my AV exclude that file from being scanned. From there I activated the .exe as normal, and a copy of it showed up in the appdata subfile which it seems is normal. After that since my AV couldn't scan that file and act on the .exe there I finally got the popup to enter a URL, I then allowed the .exe in the appdata subfile special permission to run and it retrieved the data it should have.
Quote by Dreagar
I finally fix'd the issue; turns out I had to delete the .exe from the appdata subfile, then in my AV exclude that file from being scanned. From there I activated the .exe as normal, and a copy of it showed up in the appdata subfile which it seems is normal. After that since my AV couldn't scan that file and act on the .exe there I finally got the popup to enter a URL, I then allowed the .exe in the appdata subfile special permission to run and it retrieved the data it should have.

Glad to hear that you got it working. Those were quite some hoops to jump through, and it sucks having to work around false positives.

--

[Back to Index]