Password:

Forgot your password?
Forums push the page at 1024X768

Forums push the page at 1024X768
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I was testing some layout changes today and noticed that the forums page causes a horizontal scroll at 1024X768. While I realize that most people today either use a 16x9 flat panel as I do or have monitor large enough to support higher resolutions I wanted point this out as I know 1024x768 is still a popular resolution and I have always tried to format my pages accordingly. The main reason this appears to be happening is because of menus on the right side.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I did a little testing on your site, and I'm pretty sure that the pushing is actually a result of your tickers.

If you head to "Edit Your Account Profile" and check the box for "Force Simple Layout," you shouldn't get a scrolly anymore. Try shrinking your tickers by like 20 or so pixels, and see if that doesn't fix it.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I did a little testing on your site, and I'm pretty sure that the pushing is actually a result of your tickers.

If you head to "Edit Your Account Profile" and check the box for "Force Simple Layout," you shouldn't get a scrolly anymore. Try shrinking your tickers by like 20 or so pixels, and see if that doesn't fix it.

Odd I'll look at it. I had originally formatted them at 1024x768 but I'll double check it.

--

Odd I'll look at it. I had originally formatted them at 1024x768 but I'll double check it.

Nope still pushes on my laptop at that resolution unless I go all menus on left. As soon as I put a menu on the right hand side and go to the forums page I get a scroll bar.

To clarify...that is with Force Simple layout checked.

--
Alrighty. I'm not at my normal machine so I was only able to test with IE6. I'll check it out on Firefox when I get home.

--
Alrighty. I'm not at my normal machine so I was only able to test with IE6. I'll check it out on Firefox when I get home.

Like I said it's not a huge deal. It did push in simple mode so I'm not sure.

--
It did push in simple mode so I'm not sure.

And it's not supposed to do that, so I'll see what might have changed.

--

[Back to Index]