Forgot your password?
GuildBank Uploader Beta

GuildBank Uploader Beta
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Alrighty, the GuildBank Uploader is now in "open beta" so if anyone wants to test it, here it is.

A few things to note:

1) Use your WEBSITE ACCOUNT INFO, not your In-game information. This should be obvious.

2) You can run this from pretty much anywhere and it'll work, however, it's best to put it in a folder somewhere because it creates a few text files for itself for storing some data. Preferably in your Addons/GuildBank folder, but to each his own.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, the GuildBank Uploader is now in "open beta" so if anyone wants to test it, here it is.

A few things to note:

1) Use your WEBSITE ACCOUNT INFO, not your In-game information. This should be obvious.

2) You can run this from pretty much anywhere and it'll work, however, it's best to put it in a folder somewhere because it creates a few text files for itself for storing some data. Preferably in your Addons/GuildBank folder, but to each his own.

Each time I try to configure it, I get the following error message:

Run-time error "55"

File already open.

--
Quote by Eliminate

Each time I try to configure it, I get the following error message:

Run-time error "55"

File already open.

That happened to me as well, first time. I suspect we had just uploaded to our websites manually, and then started up the app. I think the browser/explorer had the file still open (even tho you were done with it) and didn't give it up.

I closed the browser, went online and did another copy of data, and then was able to auto-upload.
Just to be sure, are you guys running it each time you try to upload it? If so, that would be causing the problem. This works like the Allakhazam program. If you run it once, it'll stay running and upload when it notices that a file has changed.

--
Quote by Chops
Just to be sure, are you guys running it each time you try to upload it? If so, that would be causing the problem. This works like the Allakhazam program. If you run it once, it'll stay running and upload when it notices that a file has changed.

This happens right after i download it and try to put the website and login information into it (ie configuring it)

--

This happens right after i download it and try to put the website and login information into it (ie configuring it)

hmm....alrighty, I'll see what I can uncover. Good thing this is still beta

--
What OS are you guys that are having problems running?

--
Here's another version. Lemme know if that works for you. So far I've been unable to reproduce the error for you, but I'm trying to add some potential fixes in anywhere that seems like it could cause those problems.

--
I too am having this same "error 55" issue, with the new version as well. Just to double check is there a new version of the guild bank mod itself to go along with the uploader?

--
Asylum.dkpsystem.com
Quote by Kaed
I too am having this same "error 55" issue, with the new version as well. Just to double check is there a new version of the guild bank mod itself to go along with the uploader?

No there isn't. Just the uploader right now.

--
just to make sure I'm not missing anything like DLLs or anything, here's a packaged installer. You can just install it to the default location and it'll be fine (like I said, it can run from anywhere on the machine).

Give this a try and see if that perhaps fixes the problem.

--
Quote by "GuildBankUploader"
Run-time error '55': File already open

I got this with every version incl. the one w/ the installer. I checked my GuildBank.lua and it has no handles on it.

Although... my X Program Files\GuildBankUploader\noupload.txt is locked.

more.. it's also locking a tmp file.
The mystery here is that I don't know which file is supposedly "open."

Hmmmm.....I have a friend who is having this same problem locally, so I'll probably hop on over to his place and see if I can't reproduce it in code there.

--
Oh rerry?!

Alrighty, lets try this version

--
Quote by Chops
Oh rerry?!

Alrighty, lets try this version

by golly.. i think it works.

tyty
Woot! Thanks for your help with the troubleshooting. I'm hoping that this fixed it for all.

--
I was hoping this new mod would fix my web site guild bank list.

http://toh.dkpsystem.com/guildbank.php

It went down over a week ago and I cant get it to display anything.

--
http://toh.dkpsystem.com/
Hmm..After installing the most recent version I've linked, and running that program, restart WoW, then go to your GuildBank Character, open his banks and stuff, then log off WoW.

If the uploader is running it should detect the change within a few minutes and upload it automatically.

If that doesn't work, please give me a call, and I'll help you solve the problem.

--
This version seems to have done it for me

--
Asylum.dkpsystem.com
WOOT!

I didnt know that prg had to be running while I was in WOW.

My bank is back! Thanks

--
http://toh.dkpsystem.com/

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]