Password:

Forgot your password?
how do I.. GRSS+Destinations

how do I.. GRSS+Destinations
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

How can I associate a Destination with a GRSS_Boss? For instance, how can I connect:

GRSS_Yells["Attumen the Huntsman"] = "Always knew... someday I would become... the hunted.";
with
Karazhan - Attunmen the Huntsman

or

GRSS_Bosses = {"The Crone" ...
with
Karazhan - The Oz Event

Ive noticed some of my snapshots are not appering as raids, or am I going about this the wrong way? ty in advance.

--
Quote by Toga
How can I associate a Destination with a GRSS_Boss? For instance, how can I connect:

GRSS_Yells["Attumen the Huntsman"] = "Always knew... someday I would become... the hunted.";
with
Karazhan - Attunmen the Huntsman

or

GRSS_Bosses = {"The Crone" ...
with
Karazhan - The Oz Event

Ive noticed some of my snapshots are not appering as raids, or am I going about this the wrong way? ty in advance.

You might need to attach the file you're uploading.
Typically the association of Destination to Boss is done manually when your uploading the file under the DKP Admin menu. The associations are not automatic. Part of the problem here is that you mention that some of your snap shots don't appear or don't appear correctly. Seeing the content of the file might help understand that.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Hmm maybe its not destinations then. It seems like a problem with manual snapshots.

If I type /grss x right now and upload my lua it isnt there but auto snapshots are.

--
The file you uploaded is the GRSS Program file. We'll need to see the file from the SavedVariables folder.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
The file you uploaded is the GRSS Program file. We'll need to see the file from the SavedVariables folder.

--
I know I might be asking the obvious here, but you are making sure to close WoW before uploading the file right?

With both the official version and your modified version I am able to go into a raid group, type "/grss x", have it generate the snapshot, and store it into the file when doing a /console reloadui.

--
I tried a ui reload but I didnt close wow last night. I did take a shot now and close wow and yes it was saved, so thanks for clearing that up for me. Im used to uploading during a raid, so Im transitioning to this system.

What is happening I think is during a raid Ill get a DC from zoning in and when I come back a window pops up saying "there are 1 items and 0 raids keep or save" I would save obviously, but lose my manual snapshots it seems. And this combined with not closing wow after a snapshot made me think they were the same issue.

--
Quote by Toga
I tried a ui reload but I didnt close wow last night. I did take a shot now and close wow and yes it was saved, so thanks for clearing that up for me. Im used to uploading during a raid, so Im transitioning to this system.

What is happening I think is during a raid Ill get a DC from zoning in and when I come back a window pops up saying "there are 1 items and 0 raids keep or save" I would save obviously, but lose my manual snapshots it seems. And this combined with not closing wow after a snapshot made me think they were the same issue.

We you shouldn't have to exit wow to save every time. If you want to prevent losing data after each snapshot is taken just do /reloadui (nice that blizzard finally simplified that to a 1 word command). A reloadui should force a save. After doing a reloadui you can tab out and look at the saved variables file and see your snapshots.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
If you are experiencing crashes or anything like that, that WILL lose any snapshots since your last reloadui or logout.

--

[Back to Index]