Password:

Forgot your password?
what is Default Private Thread Tag?

what is Default Private Thread Tag?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

hi. in the forums admin section, i can change where Default Private Thread Tag: goes into. i can also change Default Non-Private Thread Tag: goes into.

what are these things? i assume the default non-private thread automatically makes a thread in my general chat section when no specific forum is specified, but what is default PRIVATE thread? thanks.
If you notice, when you click "Create a Post" to start a new thread, there's a drop down box for "Thread Tag." If you have a single Thread Tag selected (from the Radio Boxes on the Main Forum page), it will default to that tag, however, if you have "All" selected, it originally would default to the first thread tag listed alphabetically, which became an inconvenience.

To remedy this, the "Default Thread Tag" was implemented, which allows you to specify which thread tag you want the system to default to, if it's unable to effectively guess.

The "Default Private Thread Tag" happens when you click the "Private Thread Tag" bubble next to the poster's name on the forum (or from the Account profile).

Private Threads are similar to "PMs" in other systems. The difference here is that with a Private thread, you can specify more than one participant in the conversation.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
If you notice, when you click "Create a Post" to start a new thread, there's a drop down box for "Thread Tag." If you have a single Thread Tag selected (from the Radio Boxes on the Main Forum page), it will default to that tag, however, if you have "All" selected, it originally would default to the first thread tag listed alphabetically, which became an inconvenience.

To remedy this, the "Default Thread Tag" was implemented, which allows you to specify which thread tag you want the system to default to, if it's unable to effectively guess.

The "Default Private Thread Tag" happens when you click the "Private Thread Tag" bubble next to the poster's name on the forum (or from the Account profile).

Private Threads are similar to "PMs" in other systems. The difference here is that with a Private thread, you can specify more than one participant in the conversation.

thank you chops. does this mean that i should create a thread tag called "private" just for these messages or can they go in my general chat?
thank you chops. does this mean that i should create a thread tag called "private" just for these messages or can they go in my general chat?

They can go in "General" without problem.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by prat
Quote by Chops

I don't know how your tags are laid out. We have class, guild, raid, yadda yadda. When I make a private thread I'll choose what tag is best appropriate for that thread. Kinda like the subject of an email. Even though your audience might be more targeted it still nice to have some extra added wordage to let people know before they open it what it might be about.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]