Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Making changes to the layout file, requires multiple uploads to get it to refresh

Making changes to the layout file, requires multiple uploads to get it to refresh
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Chops,

Yesterday, When I went to upload a new layout, I needed to upload the layout.htm file several times, and commit it before it would take. The preview showed the change, but once I commit it, it doesn't show, unless I do multple uploads. Any clue? I am using IE 7, I clear the cache, but even when I go to the site from another computer it still will not show the change until I do multiple uploads and commits.

Todd

--
Quote by Toddler
Chops,

Yesterday, When I went to upload a new layout, I needed to upload the layout.htm file several times, and commit it before it would take. The preview showed the change, but once I commit it, it doesn't show, unless I do multple uploads. Any clue? I am using IE 7, I clear the cache, but even when I go to the site from another computer it still will not show the change until I do multiple uploads and commits.

Todd

I think this is more a matter of something needing to refresh. I thought the same thing until I forced myself not to re-upload it 5 times, and after a minute or two it refreshed. CTRLF5 has no effect either, so it is something server side that is not immediately refreshing.

--
dj is correct. It's a server lag issue.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]