Forgot your password?
guild time zone not changing

guild time zone not changing
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

hey chops,

i wanted to check the guild timezone since aldor posted in the other topic about the -6 to gmt time when he logged off.

and i saw that it was set to -6 aswell at our site (so did it at my profile although i'm sure it was to +1 before) and i can't change it

well i set it to +1gmt click ok and then it says the server time is updated but it doesn't change (restarting browser /clearing cache does nothing)

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
I assume you're talking about the Event Scheduler.

In that sense, the Events are scheduled relative to the time on the site. So if you change your guild's time zone, that won't change the times the events are scheduled for, they'll say "10PM" regardless of the time zone your SITE is on.

The site you set your LOGIN to, however, will change the relative time of the events.

So if your site is in -10 GMT, and your login is set to -8 GMT, then the events will appear to be 2 hours later than they are actually scheduled on the calendar.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Disregard, I'm retarded. Working on the fix right now.

--
Fixed. I'm sorry about that.

--
thanks chops

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
I seem to be having the same problem - everything was fine on our site until today when I get a phone call from a couple of my guildmates sayin that someone "hacked" the site because the times of all the raids changed and that it's showing a raid that was scheduled for 2 hours from now started already! Checked my login and the site time and both say GMT -7 so I can't figure out what happened.
At what time was the event in question supposed to start? (Your time)

--
Quote by Chops
At what time was the event in question supposed to start? (Your time)

Was supposed to start at 3:30 PDT - I just don't get it - I have run out of ideas to try to fix it.
Alrighty, I might have some input. What I'm going to do is shift all your events 2 hours earlier, then switch you to -8 GMT.

This will make your stuff look right.

There is an issue where the Daylight Savings doesn't switch like it should. So Because PST is -8, I'll make yours -8.

--
Having a similar issue. The raids said they were starting 2 hrs before they should have.

I changed my personal timezone, then changed the "guild" timezone in the admin menu. This mucked up the starting time of all our raids, so I went through and fixed these all manually (cut & paste ftw). I think that is all fixed.

But now the site thinks it is Saturday already!! I can't seem to find an option to set the date anywhere. Is there one I am missing?

BTW - this is for thecrusade.dkpsystem.com
I think I know what I did here.

--
You're awesome as usual Chops - thank you hon!
I am having the same problem as listed above. In time zone -8 GMT and it is reading wrong when I add an event. www.ironcurtain.dkpsystem.com
Check the time zone of your account by clicking "Edit my account Info"

--

[Back to Index]