Forgot your password?
Small Suggestion for aiding Clean Up

Small Suggestion for aiding Clean Up
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

heya Chops,
Small suggestion for helping me (and I am sure, others) from tearing hair out. On the "Website Account" area and the "Characters" area, it would be SO very helpful to have a box beside names, etc so that you can DELETE in mass quantities instead of name by name or account by account. i am sure this same ability would be good with mass promotions, too!

Our guild has reformed and I have had to go through line by line and delete well over 400 website accounts... and I think I may have to scratch my eyes out now that I have found I have to do it all over again with the Characters area... LOL!

Thanks for reading!
His Partial Holiness, the once great and mighty Nemes
70 Paladin, Stormreaver
Quote by Nemes
heya Chops,
Small suggestion for helping me (and I am sure, others) from tearing hair out. On the "Website Account" area and the "Characters" area, it would be SO very helpful to have a box beside names, etc so that you can DELETE in mass quantities instead of name by name or account by account. i am sure this same ability would be good with mass promotions, too!

Our guild has reformed and I have had to go through line by line and delete well over 400 website accounts... and I think I may have to scratch my eyes out now that I have found I have to do it all over again with the Characters area... LOL!

Thanks for reading!
70 Paladin, Stormreaver

Deleting characters is easy. Just use GRSS and do a Guild Roster Import. There is an option there to do a mass delete on toon not in the guild.

Doing it this way would be nice if a popup appeared and asked you "If you delete the last Character associated with an account do you want to delete/disable the account". Have the options to click "Delete" "Disable" "No Action".

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Nemes
heya Chops,

Thanks for reading!
70 Paladin, Stormreaver

Deleting characters is easy. Just use GRSS and do a Guild Roster Import. There is an option there to do a mass delete on toon not in the guild.

Doing it this way would be nice if a popup appeared and asked you "If you delete the last Character associated with an account do you want to delete/disable the account". Have the options to click "Delete" "Disable" "No Action".

I dont know specifically what a GRSS etc all are, but I do get what you are saying about using the Roster Import. Problem with even that is there are a number of accounts and characters that are not in the guild, but are "friends" and that would mean throwing the baby out with the bathwater. What would be reeeeeaaaall nice would be the ability to be selective about who is removed and who is not, but STILL being able to do it in mass quantities.

AND...

I love EggShen =)
One of the convenient things about the Roster importer is that it does nothing without your approval. So it'll tell you "These characters weren't in the snapshot, and should probably be deleted. What do you want to do with each?"

Then mark most of them as "Delete" and the remainders (the ones you want to keep) as "Do Nothing."

This, at least, is a rather quick solution until I do add something like a mass deleter.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
One of the convenient things about the Roster importer is that it does nothing without your approval. So it'll tell you "These characters weren't in the snapshot, and should probably be deleted. What do you want to do with each?"

Then mark most of them as "Delete" and the remainders (the ones you want to keep) as "Do Nothing."

This, at least, is a rather quick solution until I do add something like a mass deleter.

It still doesn't do anything about mass account management.

I use GRSS in this manner to clean my guild roster once a week and as Chops stated it is something granular that you have to select all or as I do select all then deselect the few I know are friends or alts that are not in the guild.

GRSS = Guild Raid Snap Shot and it is the mod typically used on DKPSystem for tracking raiding however a small portion of it capture the Guild Roster for the Roster Import section.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]