Password:

Forgot your password?
[Q] Controlling Calendar Event Create/Edit/Delete Operations

[Q] Controlling Calendar Event Create/Edit/Delete Operations
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Does an option exist to allow the one to apply different privs to event creation, edit, and deletion?

Motivating this request was an incident the other day in which member A claimed that another member had deleted A's scheduled event.

First, is this even possible?

Second, I would really like to be able to control access to these three operations (create, edit, and delete an event). For examply, I want to allow anyone in the guild to schedule an event. However, I want only the creator to be able to edit the event and the officers and the creator to be the only ones able to delete the event.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

--
Often wrong, Never in doubt
Quote by Spiritwraith

Does an option exist to allow the one to apply different privs to event creation, edit, and deletion?

Motivating this request was an incident the other day in which member A claimed that another member had deleted A's scheduled event.

First, is this even possible?

Second, I would really like to be able to control access to these three operations (create, edit, and delete an event). For examply, I want to allow anyone in the guild to schedule an event. However, I want only the creator to be able to edit the event and the officers and the creator to be the only ones able to delete the event.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Some suggestions were made that I think Chops is looking into. A lot of guild allow EVERYONE to schedule events and it creates problems like you described also means that anyone can approve or disapprove someone form a raid or event. So I believe he is going to put some kind of ownership flag on an event.
Player A creates and Event.
Player A becomes the owner of that event
Only Player A can edit, delete, approve, or disapprove people attending the event.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Currently, Anyone with access to schedule events may also delete events, as it's assumed that only administrators.

There is a feature in the works similar to the gallery which allows members to schedule events without being able to mess with other users' events (and more importantly, without messing with admin-created events).

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]