Password:

Forgot your password?
REQUEST: Stand-By/Sit-Out Identifier.

REQUEST: Stand-By/Sit-Out Identifier.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

I posted this earlier - looking for an update.

We have a standard Kara 10man, where some people sit-out because of overpopulation. We give them DKP, even though they sit out. As of right now, I have two seperate raid destinations - one for those in the raid, and one for those not.

I know I can select people that were sitting out, when I upload the GRSS and set the DKP, etc. They are listed in the "Guild Member Online at the time" section. However, I want to make some sort of distinguishment in the records, so that when I look back, I can see who was actually in the raid vs. just online.
Our guild would also like this.

--
Need a major bump.

Help me, Chops. You're my only hope.
Our guild has similar issue. We award points for each boss (each one is considered a separate raid) and we give hourly points as well (we list that as a separate raid). We also award partial points to those on the waiting list (standby). We want to insure that those on the waiting/standby list get credit for trying to participate (the % attendance) the same that those that actually did get into the raid received. So sometimes we end up with 15 people for a boss kill getting points.

Which looks really weird because the max that were at the kill was 10 and the rest were really waiting/stand by. So it would be nice to see the 10 that were at the kill and the 5 that were waiting/standby separate when you look at the raid details. Maybe this could be added as a manual adjustment somewhere to check "standby/waiting" etc?

Since we try to rotate people in and out and not have the same ones always sitting on waiting/standby it would be nice to have some way of showing that someone was waiting/standby for a raid so it is easier to spot who has priority for a spot in the next raid.

We are close to starting a second group for Karazhan each week both groups will be running on the same nights and we would also love some way to designate who is able to sign up for Group 1 and who can sign up for Group 2. I know there is an option to auto approve the "A" list but we would like some way to extend that to multiple lists/teams and perhaps to change the name of those Teams. There are a lot in our guild that feel if we call them A Team and B Team or Team 1 and Team 2 that it makes it seem like the second group is inferior so they would like to name the teams something generic like Yellow Team and Blue Team (petty I know...but trying to keep everyone happy).
Yea, currently we create a new Destination "Stand-by" which we put everyone that didn't make the cut into. This creates obvious problems:

* When people swap out, we have to remember this, note it for each player for each destination.
* If players leave early or come in late, we now have to find a method to deduct from this stand-by desination. Personally, I give them the full pts, then create manual deductions in the DKP edit screen
* When I got to check attendance, nobody can possibly have 100% attendance, since they're either in the boss destination or stand-bye destination, never both.

You should see the amount of time I invest into recording this information and checking its accuracy. A simple check-box or status option would be very welcoming.
Quote by Sylkn
Our guild has similar issue. We award points for each boss (each one is considered a separate raid) and we give hourly points as well (we list that as a separate raid). We also award partial points to those on the waiting list (standby). We want to insure that those on the waiting/standby list get credit for trying to participate (the % attendance) the same that those that actually did get into the raid received. So sometimes we end up with 15 people for a boss kill getting points.

Which looks really weird because the max that were at the kill was 10 and the rest were really waiting/stand by. So it would be nice to see the 10 that were at the kill and the 5 that were waiting/standby separate when you look at the raid details. Maybe this could be added as a manual adjustment somewhere to check "standby/waiting" etc?

Since we try to rotate people in and out and not have the same ones always sitting on waiting/standby it would be nice to have some way of showing that someone was waiting/standby for a raid so it is easier to spot who has priority for a spot in the next raid.

We are close to starting a second group for Karazhan each week both groups will be running on the same nights and we would also love some way to designate who is able to sign up for Group 1 and who can sign up for Group 2. I know there is an option to auto approve the "A" list but we would like some way to extend that to multiple lists/teams and perhaps to change the name of those Teams. There are a lot in our guild that feel if we call them A Team and B Team or Team 1 and Team 2 that it makes it seem like the second group is inferior so they would like to name the teams something generic like Yellow Team and Blue Team (petty I know...but trying to keep everyone happy).

I have the same issues as Sylkn. A way to separate standby toons would be nice, but the bigger issue for us is being able to flag each member for the yellow team or the blue team so they can auto approve to their appropriate raid group. We call the teams by color so they can easily see which raids on the calendar are theirs and there is no "my team is better than your team cuz we're team 1 or team A crap". For 25 man raids we go with green on the calendar cuz.....yep..yellow and blue make green.

Thanks!

--
My name is Daylon, and I approve of this message.
Yep, this is something I'll be doing.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Yep, this is something I'll be doing.

YIPPIE!!!

Can I ask for an ETA?
So I hate to be pushy, but Chops? Any ETA?

It's just that I'm spending about an hour after the raids over putting together the DKP for a three hour raid into Kara. You should check out our site and see how messy it is.

Anyway, any feedback would be nice. At least give me a glimmer of hope.
So I hate to be pushy, but Chops? Any ETA?

I've started working on it. It should be ready soon.

--
Quote by Chops
I've started working on it. It should be ready soon.

Thanks dude. My sleep appreciates it.
So I know I've been pestering about this, but we're about to start 25mans and I know it's going to get a heckuva lot more ugly.

Any update at all?
Definitely. I'm finally getting back to working on that interface. I started it back then, and then the drop-in template stuff hit and that pretty much monopolized the work.

But back to making things easier to use.

--
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I did notice Chops.

<-- Pig in poop.

Now I have the fun task of coverting all our past data into the new format.

Thank you, though. Just what I wanted!

[Back to Index]