Password:

Forgot your password?
Problems Posting

Problems Posting
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

A few users on my board have been having problems posting to the forums and I am having a bit of an issue troubleshooting the problem. I've even asked them (namely Heckle on our page) to try posting on Internet Explorer as well as Firefox and he is unable to do so. Any suggestions?

www.disciplesguild.dkpsystem.com
Your configuration looks correct.

I just logged into your system as Heckle, but I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Could you go into more detail? At what point does the posting process fail? Can they see the "Make a Post" link or the "Reply" links? If so, when they do this, and click Submit, does the page break, or does it appear to work?

If you would like, have a member of yours contact me (phone is preferable since this sounds like an interesting issue). My phone number is 414.940.4866

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Wisconsin eh? Poor sap..

It seems that whenever he tries to click on a post or sign up for raids that nothing happens. He's also unable to upload pictures and basically interact with the website in general. I told him to give you a call sometime tomorrow and he's going to try that unless he gets it resolved. I'll bring him over to these forums though, maybe he can post here.
Quote by Tahl
Wisconsin eh? Poor sap..

It seems that whenever he tries to click on a post or sign up for raids that nothing happens. He's also unable to upload pictures and basically interact with the website in general. I told him to give you a call sometime tomorrow and he's going to try that unless he gets it resolved. I'll bring him over to these forums though, maybe he can post here.

Nothing happens? That almost sounds like popup blocking.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
That's what I thought too.. I even walked him through disabling his pop ups.. No go =(
Quote by Tahl
Wisconsin eh? Poor sap..

Tell me about it...

Yeah, that totally sounds like a popup blocker, since all of those sections you mentioned use popups. I'd have him try some more obscure browser, like Opera, since it could be that he has a desktop program blocking popupsas well (like norton security or whatever).

Try to have him disable any of those programs in his tray that might be causing the problems.

--
if it is a windows based machine you can have him go to Start > Run and enter "msconfig". On MS config have him do a Selective Startup and remove the check from Load Startup Items. This will stop most things like AnitVirus or personal firewall software from starting to accomplish what Chops mentions.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I talked with Heckle, and apparently, the script is thrown off by the Advanced Layout Options. I'll give an overview of the layout file, but somewhere in the file there's a tag or script that's somehow messing with the javascript on the page.

When the users go to "Edit Account" and check the box for "Force Simple Layout", the scripts work properly. I verified this with Heckle on the phone.

--
That's interesting that it would work for some and not others. I'll have to look through the code as well and see if I can figure out what I did. My code is so horribly written that it could be anything inside it.
Quote by Tahl
That's interesting that it would work for some and not others. I'll have to look through the code as well and see if I can figure out what I did. My code is so horribly written that it could be anything inside it.

I agree. It works for me without problem in Firefox 2. But I haven't dived into the code yet and tried it with IE7.

--

[Back to Index]