Password:

Forgot your password?
Blog and Member access security

Blog and Member access security
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Is there a way to restrict access to blogs and member profiles to specific ranks? I do not want the general public being able to see what should be only available to guild members.
Quote by truefreak
Is there a way to restrict access to blogs and member profiles to specific ranks? I do not want the general public being able to see what should be only available to guild members.

Admin > Menu Administration
Click Edit next to Blog Posts
On the combo box for Minimum Rank to View Change it from Everyone to the lowest Rank of your site. This will hide the link form other users.

Do the same as above for Roster and other parts of your site you don't don't want none members accessing.

Hey Chops,
Not to open a can of worms about security but does that keep someone from getting to those php pages if they have them previously bookmarked or does that option just hide the link?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Hey Chops,
Not to open a can of worms about security but does that keep someone from getting to those php pages if they have them previously bookmarked or does that option just hide the link?

It just hides the link. If someone goes to myguild.com/viewprofile.php?loginid=X will still show the member's profile and a lovely link to their blog posts.

What I need is not a menu admin change...but an actual item under Feature Access in admin section for each of these.

[Back to Index]