Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
A couple of issues with our brand new site.

A couple of issues with our brand new site.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I ran into a couple of issues when setting up our brand new site.

First issue - Theme remnants.
I tried out some of the themes, and unfortunately when I told it to remove everything, remnants of the theme still linger. For instance the website did not go back to the left and right columns on the main page, but rather kept the column formatting of the previously tested theme. Is there a "reset to default look and feel" theme out there?

Second issue - Broken admin link?
When I went into the Admin -> Logo and TopBar Administration section, there is a link "To Menu Administration". However when I click it, I receive the error "The requested URL /adminmenu.php was not found on this server." If I remember right, this is where you could define the order of the things in the various columns. This may be related to the first issue.

Third issue - Suicide Kings import just not working. I set up a new DKP system with the name Suicide Kings, and the check box for Suicide Kings checked. When I try to import ours, the website just returns to the import prompt page as if nothing happened. We run SK 3.06, so I don't know if this makes a difference.

So since I seem to be a little stuck in setting up the guild site, I will probably just play around on it for now.
Quote by HotFix

First issue - Theme remnants.
I tried out some of the themes, and unfortunately when I told it to remove everything, remnants of the theme still linger. For instance the website did not go back to the left and right columns on the main page, but rather kept the column formatting of the previously tested theme. Is there a "reset to default look and feel" theme out there?

Well changing the color scheme more or less allowed me to remove the theme all together, and go back to having left and right menus.
I guess that is the reset.
Yeah, there are a few remnants when the templates get disabled, particularly in the bullet images and the background. There should be nothing, however, preventing the right and left orientation of the order.

As for the SuicideKings thing, could you upload your file to this post, and I'll see what happens?

Finally, yeah, the Left and Right orientation is controlled in the "Menu Administration" section from the admin menu. The link on the logo page actually links to an old interface that has been removed. I'm fixing that right now.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Yeah, there are a few remnants when the templates get disabled, particularly in the bullet images and the background. There should be nothing, however, preventing the right and left orientation of the order.

As for the SuicideKings thing, could you upload your file to this post, and I'll see what happens?

Finally, yeah, the Left and Right orientation is controlled in the "Menu Administration" section from the admin menu. The link on the logo page actually links to an old interface that has been removed. I'm fixing that right now.

Wow I actually helped fix an old link. Woot!

I am attaching the SuicideKings.LUA from version 3.06. I did notice that the single DKP system I defined with the check box of "This is a Suicide Kings loot system" is not retaining that checkbox when I go back into it under the edit option. Maybe that has something to do with it? I do know when I click on the DKP menu Current Standings that it does note that no suicide kings list has been imported yet. Shouldn't the check box for "this is a SK loot system" remain checked when I go into the edit menu of the DKP system?

I was able to reproduce the remnants of the removed WorldofWarcraft.com theme only showing things on the left column of the screen after it was removed and even though I had objects configured to show in the right side of the screen. It was only when I went and changed the color scheme did the overal site UI go back to the default of showing left and right columns.
One of these days I will spend some time and learn how to code one of those templates.

The only other thing I can think of is that I posted a comment on an existing thread regarding a time issue on our calendar.

One question - why do you have two sections to manipulate the recruitment status? It appears that the one under the General Settings section has all the options available as the one under the Menus section plus a few extra options (such as turning on the icon per class or not). I was curious why the duplication, or am I missing something?
Do I need to provide any other files to troubleshoot the SK import process?

Thanks Chops! You kick butt!
Quote by HotFix

Go ahead and re-import the SK file. Apparently, it didn't like not having a class associated with some of the characters in the data file.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by HotFix

Go ahead and re-import the SK file. Apparently, it didn't like not having a class associated with some of the characters in the data file.

Chops you are the BOMB! Thank you!

[Back to Index]