Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP and Decay

DKP and Decay
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I created a TestDKP mirror to test the effects of using decay. I just copied all of the raids over from our regular DKP database and just now set up the decay options.

What I am confused about is that the new TestDKP has different rankings and HIGHER amounts. What's going on there?
The raid copier only copies attendance, but does not copy items received. So, that would account for the higher amounts. I can manually copy the items over if you wish for you, though it sounds like a good idea to implement something to copy the items as well.

Additionally, the decay process isn't immediate, but instead runs at night, so you'll have to at least wait until tomorrow to see the effects of the decay.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
The raid copier only copies attendance, but does not copy items received. So, that would account for the higher amounts. I can manually copy the items over if you wish for you, though it sounds like a good idea to implement something to copy the items as well.

Additionally, the decay process isn't immediate, but instead runs at night, so you'll have to at least wait until tomorrow to see the effects of the decay.

Ahahh. I wanted to see how things looked as I adjusted the decay settings. I am having a hard time explaining it to my guild, unfortunately. And it doesn't help that I kinda need to see it to "get" it.

If you could move the items/cost over, that would help a lot.
Alrighty, I copied items and adjustments over, and I forced a recalculate, so you should see the decay effects in a few minutes.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, I copied items and adjustments over, and I forced a recalculate, so you should see the decay effects in a few minutes.

/cookies
Things look like they're going right now, but we were wondering why nothing is showing up in the "Decay Rate" column on the standings page? What should that column show?
Quote by Kes
Things look like they're going right now, but we were wondering why nothing is showing up in the "Decay Rate" column on the standings page? What should that column show?

The script I ran only calculates the totals and tweaks things, but the decay rate gets calculated at night with some of the other more complicated things.

Decay rate = The daily expected change for that user.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Kes

The script I ran only calculates the totals and tweaks things, but the decay rate gets calculated at night with some of the other more complicated things.

Decay rate = The daily expected change for that user.

This info still isn't showing up for us--the decay rate.

Well, that's a horse of a different color. I'll check it out now.

--
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

--
Quote by Chops

Well, that's a horse of a different color. I'll check it out now.

I will probably be deleting the TestDKP system sometime in the next 2 days, but I will be adding decay to our normal dkp system. So, don't work too hard to fix the numbers on the TestDKP system if it's just some issue with this particular db.

Just to check--if I turn on decay and we want to go back to no-decay, will the numbers return to "normal" if we turn off the Decay option?
Just to check--if I turn on decay and we want to go back to no-decay, will the numbers return to "normal" if we turn off the Decay option?

After the nightly script, yep.

--

[Back to Index]