Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (3 votes)
Rating (3 votes)
Description:
Hey Chops,

Our DKP bidding system is a very basic one whereby those people wanting an item /w me "Need" and the post with the most DKP gets 1st refusal (Fixed Price).

Is there a way to incorporate a filter so that it registers those people who /w me Need and then displays them in a list.

At the moment I am currently typing "/w Aldor !dkp name1, name2, name3" to get this list.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
You like some others just want a system where people either tell you they want something or they tell you nothing. Unless I'm wrong it doesn't really matter what they whisper to you. What we need is an option on the system that isn't rolling and isn't bidding or is a highbrid of a bid where someone whispers the person like !want or !need and the mod creates the list (like the bidding window) that shows those who want the item in the order of DKP highest to lowest.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
THAT's what I forgot to add. I KNEW there was something else I was planning on adding for the patch, but I just could not remember it for the life of me.

What's a good descriptive name for this new bidding style. "No Amounts" or something?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
THAT's what I forgot to add. I KNEW there was something else I was planning on adding for the patch, but I just could not remember it for the life of me.

What's a good descriptive name for this new bidding style. "No Amounts" or something?

So right now you have a drop down to says "Bids" and "Rolls".
After you take rolls you get an option to choose the roll type.

If you choose Bid you get an option to choose the bid type.

How about this. In the action drop down add a third option. High DKP.
Broadcast the message to have people whisper !need or !greed to the dkp officer. The item will be awarded to the person that needs the item with the highest dkp unless no one needs then it will go to the person that greeds with the highest dkp.

Often we had a lot of people in system like this that would use the item but it wasn't like an uber upgrade for them so if anyone else needed it they would pass until the end. Having the mod support filter a list by those that need and those that greed allow you to award the item accordingly in 1 simple non auction non rolling system.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Sorry I have been offline for a bit.

Thats said you have summed it up perfectly.

If possible a filter to display only those who have /w you to appear would be good as well. So instead of a list of 25 people showing (i.e filtered by in Raid) this could be narrowed down to just those who bid on the item.

Its only a small thing but word very well.

[Back to Index]