Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (3 votes)
Rating (2 votes)
Description:
So! Yet more in my stream of tickets!

The next suggestion is to allow us to assign raid roles/secondary roles to each character (i.e. let guild officers administrate those values) - makes life much easier for members when signing up w/ a character, and gives us as officers more control.

A second part to this request would be to actually disabling member ability to change those values at sign up
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
I see. This makes sense, and actually goes back to a suggestion I believe Saud made several months ago (which I had forgotten about since then), a default Raid Role, which the members can choose themselves.

I'll have to look into this, but admittedly it'd be a bit, because it'll add more to the web of conditionals when someone says "I'll be there."

But definitely a good idea. At the very least, it makes sense to make some kind of role distinctions like "Main Tank"

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yeah, even if it's just as an organizational tool for us to know the various capabilities of each member, it'd be quite useful
Quote by Chops
I see. This makes sense, and actually goes back to a suggestion I believe Saud made several months ago (which I had forgotten about since then), a default Raid Role, which the members can choose themselves.

LOL apparently you aren't the only one. I think my entire suggestion back then was 2 things. Auto determine the roles by class and spec. Providing some mechanism to define what minimum point in a talent tree determine if a Paladin is a healer vs a tank vs dps. Then make it manually overridable on the character profile (with options for only those with correct privileges to set them or the user) in the event that talent specs aren't loaded or are out date.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
If you do this also figure out how to assign hybrid status.

Perhaps so the admin could mark character DruidX who is geared well for tanking and for healing (but not DPS) with a hybrid status of H.

The signup would look like this:

Tank
     DruidX (H)

Quote by tkieffer
If you do this also figure out how to assign hybrid status.

Perhaps so the admin could mark character DruidX who is geared well for tanking and for healing (but not DPS) with a hybrid status of H.

The signup would look like this:

Tank
     DruidX (H)

One way to get around that in the current system would be to make Tanking, HEaling, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, etc all secondary roles - since at the sign-up level, you can select more than one of those at a time

the user experience would be a bit strange though
Yea.. I'm just trying to think through how it could be made easier on the user if some kind of admin role assignment were added.

[Back to Index]