Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Help with Color/Pudding (I think its pudding)

Help with Color/Pudding (I think its pudding)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hello,

I have been editing my site a lot as of late. Mostly just changing/tweaking things around to how I like them.

But as I know squat about anything even remotely to do with this, I base everything i do off of a cause and effect, trial and error sort of style.

That being said, I think i might have changed something to much. My top bar logo no longer matches, and it is really annoying me.

Along with that, I can't figure out how to change the text color of the words on the front page. That orange gets difficult to read with the white.

Is there any way i can change the "show statistics" at the top of the page to how it was with another setup. Just in the menus on the left. I prefered it that way, as it did not disrupt the logo/top bar.

Long story short. I would like to know how to align everything, how to change the menu text colors, and if possible, how to move the Show Statistics pulldown tab, back onto the menu bars where it used to be.

Thank you very much.

http://theruckus.dkpsystem.com/news.php
P.S. Here is my site, tell me what you guys think. (Please remember it's my first time ever doing something like this. And I knew absolutely nothing before i started.)
Nice job so far. It's a nice twist on the "Gilded" theme, converting it to a WoW look.

Anyways, for moving your Statistics box, check out these rules in the CSS:

#statistics{
position:absolute;
z-index:20;
top:0px;
left:600px;
height:121px;
width:340px;
background-repeat:repeat-x;

}
#statisticshidden{
position:absolute;
z-index:20;
top:0px;
left:550px;
height:24px;
width:350px;
background-repeat:repeat-x;

}
#stattable{
height:100%;
width:300px;
background-image:url(http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2992/asasasug5.png);
}
#stattablehidden{
height:100%;
width:350px;
table-layout:fixed;
}

The specific part to look for is the "left" attributes on each. That determines each box's leftward orientation.

The coloring of the text looks like you got it mostly figured out, since the text color on your page is looking black now, instead of orange.

When you say your topbar logo no longer matches, what do you mean? It looks pretty good to me!

As for a slight suggestion, I would recommend darkening or otherwise reducing the contrast on the arthas picture, as it does make the menus hard to read, almost regardless of color (that is, without making it look retarded).

Then you can modify the following rules to include color configuration.

.menucontent A:visited{text-decoration:none;}
.menucontent A:link{text-decoration:none;}
.menucontent A:active{text-decoration:underline;}
.menucontent A:hover{text-decoration:underline;}

Just adding the color rules to those will be able to change just your menu text colors.

So, for example:

.menucontent A:visited{text-decoration:none;color:#ffff00}

Wouldn't look so bad, if you darkened the Arthas picture.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]