Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site Accounts
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Ive had this problem for some time now. Evertime I go and delete a character from the website, It comes back a few hours later.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Hmm....

That's peculiar. Are you certain you're deleting the character and not the account? The only code in the system that creates characters is the roster uploader or armory importers, but both of those require the admin to perform them.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Ya their accounts have been deleted for over a month now and the person has not been in our guild for that log either. I go to admin and hit characters and then delete them. Not sure how long it takes but all of a sudden they are back on the roster and dkp standings page and all that stuff. There are about 10 people that its happening with.
What's an example of some of the characters that are getting auto-recreated?

--
If you look at the characters page. every one there with no related log in account has been deleted many times and keeps poping back up. Withe the exception of Aeroblast who is in the guild just needs to create an account. I count 17 of them. Almira, Boozefight, and Dumpahumpa. I know for sure have been deleted more then four times.
I am at a bit of a loss, admittedly. I think to solve this, I'll need to add a tracking mechanism for the characters, which there currently is not.

I've not heard this reported from other guilds either (at least so far), which is odd indeed, since every site runs exactly the same code.

I'll see what I can do to track this down, and most likely, the soonest will be added with the next major update.

--
Thanks for checking on it. There is no major rush, its not that hard to work around it. Would be nice for them to be gone thou. lol
ok just to give you a heads up. I deleted all of those characters yesterday. I keept checking to see when they would be back on the list. Woke today and chaeked it and they are all back. lol
I have no explanation for it.

Are you certain you're the only one that logs into your account. Is it possible someone else uploads an old GRSS guild list or something?

--
Ya im the only one that logs in to this account, None of the 3 officers that we have ever really log on to the site, or deal with the admin sutff either. I just looked at it again and realized that out of I think 17 characters only 10 have come back since yesterday. For instance Boozefighter is one of the players I was talking about. He is not back on the list today, but has been deleted before and came back. Could it be some sort of armory auto udpate thing? If I synced with the armory in the past would it keep syncing on it own? I always thought it might have something to do with that. Since the armory is usually way behind. As far as grss we still are not uploading them.
I've made one tweak to one page that might have been suspect (I'm spitballing here). I'm not positive it's the solution, but we'll see.

--
Cool thanks
I haven't had this problem and I have deleted multiple accounts lately. Have you checked your /grss invite in game and made sure they're not still on a waitlist? The waitlist does not auto clear when you log out.
We havent used grss yet. We still use ct raid tracker. I have been planning to switch everything over to the grss mod but just havent gotten a chance to do it yet. So it couldnt be that. hmm
So what ever you changed Chops might have done the trick. I deleted them again about two days ago and they are still gone.
Sweet. It was a total shot in the dark, so hopefully it worked, but even if it doesn't, it made the site more correct.

Let me know if they return.

--
I might have spoke to soon. I was updating the dkp today. for the first raid I was doing they were still gone. then I imported a group calendar file to update our site, and bang when I went to update the other raid they were back. lol So GC upload might some how be updating our roster?
I just did a test and deleted bobby from the character list. Then imported a group calendar file and he was back. The must have been it. For the past few days I had not imported any GC files thats why they did not end up back on the roster. Any ideas of how to fix this problem? None of the people that are being put back on the roster are signed up for any of the new raids. They havent been in the guild for awhile.
Ahhh...That does explain it.

It will create characters that are found in the data file for GC.

You could always just mark those characters as "Retired/Quit" which will remove them from almost lists except the admin list.

--

[Back to Index]