Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site Event Schedule/Signups
Urgency (5 votes)
Rating (4 votes)
Description:
First, nice work with the new update. Its exciting to see some of the changes!

The issue I came across today has 2 parts and refers to event sign ups. Previously when people signed up they would all need to get approved. I think there was a checkbox you could check when creating an event to auto-approve people and/or it can be done via the individual character administration to override the approval process and auto approve specific people. Now there is a check box that needs to be checked in order to NOT auto approve people when they sign up. Any event that was previously created prior to the update did not have this box (that I can remember) so anyone who signed up for an event today was auto approved.

First issue: Is there a way to make it a default to require approvals for events without having to check the box each time you create an event? I could not find any settings in the admin screen to help with that.

This brings up the second issue which is a bigger deal. After realizing people were getting auto approved I just went into each individual event that I had already created for the next two weeks and checked the box requiring approvals for events. I then clicked submit. After doing this for each raid I looked at the sign ups for the events via the calendar and they all had zero sign ups. Previously if you wanted to make any changes to an event sign up (such as date/destination/etc) you just had to go into the event schedule window, make the changes and click submit. This would never affect the current sign up list (waiting approval, approvals, wait list, etc). I tested it out with a new event and put myself on the sign up. I then went into the event and changed the date, clicked submit and looked at the sign up again. It now reflected zero sign ups.

Second isse: Is there a way to make it so that any changes done to the event do not wipe the current sign up list? A practical example would be changing the destination of a raid at the last minute and wanting the "event" on the calendar to match up with the association on your DKP event when uploading the GRSS. Another example would be just simply changing your mind about a destination a few days in advance but the approvals were already done for it so you don't want the sign ups lost. I have found myself in both situations a few times.

Thanks!
Arymere
ExquisitePain.DKPSystem.com
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
Will be adding a default option for the "approval required" when creating new events.

[Back to Index]