Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid Sign Ups showing "Approved" instead of "Awaiting Approval"

Raid Sign Ups showing "Approved" instead of "Awaiting Approval"
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Since the downtime yesterday I have a small handfull of people that, when they sign up, are automatically "Approved" for raids.

It does not seem to effect everyone and I haven't been able to find a "feature" anywhere to turn it off for them.

Any help would be appreciated. I've just switched them to the wait list until I figure out why it's happening.

Que Sera Sera - Garona
I found this issue also. There is now a check box in the Event setup screen that "requires approval". This box needs to be checked in order for people to NOT be auto-approved.

Bug Report:
https://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=6148
I'm having this same issue.

But now going through our events that were set up prior to the upgrade. The box is checked but some are still being auto approved and others are being auto waiting listed.

I'm also confused on the wording of this:

" Approval Required on signup"

So does this mean if the box is checkmarked, that anyone signing up will be auto approved?
Or
Does it mean that if this box is left uncheckmarked, thay anyone signing up will be auto approved?

One additional thing I came across yesterday ((and this could be because of the whole check mark box))

I had a healer sign up as a DPS. So I moved his sign up under the correct role. Once this completed it approved him for the raid, instead of keeping his status as pending approval.

x.x so confused. /cries Please help.

I'm having the same issue...I see that my raids events have a check in the box as well. Does this need to be removed to keep autoapprovals from happening?

Also that brings up a different issue as to why certain members are being auto approved and others aren't. It's not an issue with ranks because looking at my signups the ranks are different with serveral different people who were auto-approved.

For those of you experiencing intermittent signup auto-approvals, what characters on your respective sites are getting auto-approved when they shouldn't.

And as you've figured out, checking the box of "Approval Required on Signup" means that all signups require administrative approval, and should, by default set their status to "Awaiting Approval".

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
For those of you experiencing intermittent signup auto-approvals, what characters on your respective sites are getting auto-approved when they shouldn't.

And as you've figured out, checking the box of "Approval Required on Signup" means that all signups require administrative approval, and should, by default set their status to "Awaiting Approval".

That's what's weird...I have different ranks getting approved automatically. Some higher rank people get approved and some don't. Then some low rank people get approved and others don't. I had several officers get approved...while others didn't as well...

On my site though:

Scarletsnow
Nalbeb
Shando
Dulena
Kankurou
Beavie

Thanks!

Similar as Caleu there.

I had a raider ranks getting auto approved.
An Officer got auto approved.
And some non-raider ranks were auto approved.

those who got auto approved were:

Feydre
Dungadin
Daiyo
Elderlife
Waq
Jerdatty

you're doin good Chops! CBC <3's you!!
I had the issue where everyone was getting auto-approved. After going in and checking the "Approval Required on signup" box for each event (and subsequently having everyone re-sign up since it had originally wiped the sign up list before this got fixed) it no longer auto approved anyone. Everyone now sits with "Awaiting Approval" status.

I'm still confused why this check box is needed to make everyone await approval for an event. If you had a desire to bypass the approval process you could go into each individual character and check the box "Auto-approved for All Event Signups". It seems counter-productive. Instead maybe it would work to have a check box that said "Auto approve on signup" for a specific event (such as a guild social event, in-game meeting, etc.). Those events (auto approved ones) seem to be fewer than the ones where you would want to hand pick approvals (ie raids).

For people who are having the intermittent problem you may want to go into the individual character screens of those toons and see if they have the "Auto-approved for All Event Signups" checked. Admin - Characters - Edit
Quote by Arymere
I had the issue where everyone was getting auto-approved. After going in and checking the "Approval Required on signup" box for each event (and subsequently having everyone re-sign up since it had originally wiped the sign up list before this got fixed) it no longer auto approved anyone. Everyone now sits with "Awaiting Approval" status.

I understood this part.
My issue was, the checkboxes were checked and people were still being auto-approved.
Alrighty. Looking at the "Event Log" on the event detail popup, I see what's happened, as it is as I expected. All of those users who were automatically approved, were before I had put out a fix for it. The fix, however, didn't undo the autoapprovals. Instead, if you look at the event log, it seems like 2am yesterday was the cutoff, . Everyone who registered between the site coming back up, and around 2am last night would have been automatically approved. I had put out a fix around 2am to transfer the setting over.

So, pay attention for the future now. If you notice members newly signing up and getting autoapproved, please let me know the name of the member, and the date/event. The first thing I'll do is check that event log on the event details page.

I'm sorry for all the trouble this caused. This was one of the more unusual bugs, but for now, it seems that everyone signing up is properly getting set to "Awaiting Approval."

--
It seems counter-productive. Instead maybe it would work to have a check box that said "Auto approve on signup" for a specific event (such as a guild social event, in-game meeting, etc.).

That setting used to be a universal. Either all events accept signups or none do. We've merely moved that setting to the event level. Just as you mentioned, some events might not want to require approval (like a party or PvP event or an otherwise open event). At the same time, it makes sense to be able to set a default.

This solves the problem more accurately.

You've stated that it seems that it would be more common to require approvals, but some guilds don't require approvals at all, and requiring approval would be the anomalous setting. My proposed default option will solve the problem for both camps.

I'll look into getting a default option added, such that you can choose the default setting for requiring approvals.

--

[Back to Index]