Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site Other/Misc
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
I got a couple questions about the GRSS mod.

Our guild isn't using DKP now, but we still want to keep our site.

We'd still like to record loot received, but is there a way I can modify the GRSS mod so that it no longer asks me for how many points were spent on an item when it's received (basically I'd like to set /grss noloot as default).

I'd also like to change it so it doesn't ask to Accept or Deny waitlist additions, I'd like them to be added without asking when someone sends a whisper with !waitlist.

Can I also set the default to not record raid wipes, and also to not ask me if I want to record them?

Also as a suggestion, can we remove all epic gems from being recorded when they are picked up as well? We master loot them and put them in the guild bank.

Thanks!
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Oh man, a lot of good questions.

To stop the popups, type /grss noloot. This will disable the popups, but the items themselves will continue to be recorded.

At this time, unfortunately, the waitlist prompts still need to be approved, though that could be a useful option for the future.

To disable the wipe detection, type /grss nowipe.

Finally, for the epic gem stuff, currently the only exceptions to the items have to be manually entered by name into the mod. Disabling the item popups will at least stop the popups, and then you can just make sure to uncheck the box when uploading.

Also, I recommend typing /grss reset, rather than deleting the data file after uploading, otherwise your saved settings will be lost (the noloot, and noitem settings).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Also, would you mind if this became a public ticket? I ask only because I'm always interested to hear other feedback from other users, and this is a pretty good general purpose question.

--
Quote by Chops
Also, would you mind if this became a public ticket? I ask only because I'm always interested to hear other feedback from other users, and this is a pretty good general purpose question.

No it's fine if you make it public. I just didn't think these would apply to any other guilds really so I made it private (didn't wanna spam up the public ticket area).

So what you're saying is if I enable these options they will be saved for each WoW session? I seem to have to type /grss noloot and /grss nowipe before every raid or else I get popups. Is it because I am deleting the file in the SavedVariables folder? If I click the purge button when I log in instead of deleting the file in SavedVariables before I log in will I lose my settings then?
Is it because I am deleting the file in the SavedVariables folder?

Yes

If I click the purge button when I log in instead of deleting the file in SavedVariables before I log in will I lose my settings then?

Nope. It'll just clear the raids and items, but the settings remain.

--
Quote by Chops
Is it because I am deleting the file in the SavedVariables folder?

Yes

If I click the purge button when I log in instead of deleting the file in SavedVariables before I log in will I lose my settings then?

Nope. It'll just clear the raids and items, but the settings remain.

Thanks for clearing that up and getting me straightened out. Now I just need to add the items into the mod itself. Can I also set it to ignore certain 10-man instances too since we don't really keep track of loot in those anymore.
I have a question concerning the GRSS Mod as well.

First of all, great mod! I love how it ties into the site.

Is there a way to prevent the mod from showing the highest bid? We use a one time silent bid and it keeps showing what the first person bid and then the highest. I am having to use a different mod to track bids in the meantime.
When you say "showing the highest bid" do you mean "printing to raid chat?"

If that's what you mean, switch to "Silent Non-Auction".

--
Can I also set it to ignore certain 10-man instances too since we don't really keep track of loot in those anymore.

At the moment, I'm afraid not, but that is a feature that is planned.

--

[Back to Index]