Password:

Forgot your password?
Complex? Request

Complex? Request
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

So, we have created a dkp system and called it raid points. Separate from DkP .. separate from loot. It basically tracks involvement in the guild, and help to promote a sense of responsibility for people.

The general idea is you get points for signing up, attending, first time boss kills, etc .. and lose point for not showing up, etc. All manner of things. Wrath incentives .. first to 80, 80 in 2 weeks, 80 in 3 weeks.

These points are then used for raid invites, promotions, removal, etc.

The problem is .. it is tiresome to maintain at times. Obviously 1 time things like wrath would be done on a specific basis, but some of the improvements to the overall dkpsystem.com system that I would like to see, if possible are :

1. When the raid closes, the system looks at a roster. Anyone on the roster that is signed up gets points, and anyone on the roster that doesn't signup gets points.

2. snapshot at the beginning of the raid. I think I can already do this .. just need to look into it (someone else generally runs the mod). Again though, if it could then compare back to the signups, and anyone who was absent gets a deduction.

The first thing is the main thing really. Is that possible?

--
1. When the raid closes, the system looks at a roster. Anyone on the roster that is signed up gets points, and anyone on the roster that doesn't signup gets points.

Is this a typo? Essentially it means anyone on a roster gets points, whether or not they signed up.

Also, when you say the system looks at a "roster" are you referring to the raid group roster in-game, or a "roster" on the website?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
heh, ok lemme step back a sec.

Basically, I would create a roster on the websits for 25 man raids.

It would consist of everyone who is not on an inactive rank in the guild.

Obviously I would have to maintain the roster on the website, so a website roster.

Then when each event closes, anyone who is on the roster who has signed up (as attending or not attending) would get 10 points.

Anyone who is on the roster, but failed to signup would receive -5 points.

For the second part, about actual attendance, we would take a snapshot at the start of the raid.

What would be nice though, is if the site could also tag anyone who is signed up on the website, but not online on the snapshot, and give them a set amount of negative points.

Not sure how the site would deal with that exactly. I think in my mind it basically becomes a new feature for the site. The idea of a guild score. In some ways I hesitate to call it that .. but in other ways, it is exactly what games like this need because it eliminates favoritism much like DkP eliminates the favoritism of loot council and the stupidness of /rand.

The thing is, at it's simplest form, I could see having a link on the admin page for guild points. The system could easily just survive with using the existing DkP system .. but adding what amounts to an overlay within the admin panel, and possibly another type of dkp setting as opposed to zero sum, etc that distinguishes it as guild points would probably make it more usable to other guilds.

In the settings you would have fields for : Attendance, No-show, Signed up, and Not Signed up where we could put values that would be automatically charged. There could then be a link that basically just adds mass adjustments to whichever dkp system is set to the guild points.

Sorry, got off on a tangent. Back to the attendance. On the points page there would be a spot to upload a specific snapshot that would then trigger the script that says if you were signed up and you didnt attend, you get negative points. Other than that, if you are online, you get points.

If possible this part could go a little beyond that, and have a checkbox that stops the script from charging negative for not being in attendance. This way we can take snapshots mid raid as well for boss kills.

All of this is also leading up to a final part of the quest which is another command within the in-game mod that allows us to make a snapshot that will goto a separate file. If we could type, for example : /grss singlesnap Anetheron we would end up with a file thats called Anetheron-091108.??? that we could upload singly.

Or I guess it could all be tied into the mod the way it works now and we could just get some kind of command like : /grss gpsnap and it would automatically know to put points from those snapshots into the guild points system.

/deepbreath

lolz crystal clear? <,<

--
A lot of the things you have proposed are things that I do manually now, except we use it as DKP instead of the alternative system you've dubbed "Raid Points".

People in our guild get points for signing up for a raid, showing up on time, being in a group that downs a boss for the first time, etc. They lose points for not signing up, signing up saying they're coming and then not showing, leaving early, whatever.

It would be great if the website was able to track things like this as some kind of statistic. Perhaps not a completely separate system like you suggested, but some kind of simple way to get this information and tie it to our point systems rather than doing all of it manually.

The rest makes sense to me except for this:

Quote by dj

All of this is also leading up to a final part of the quest which is another command within the in-game mod that allows us to make a snapshot that will goto a separate file. If we could type, for example : /grss singlesnap Anetheron we would end up with a file thats called Anetheron-091108.??? that we could upload singly.

Or I guess it could all be tied into the mod the way it works now and we could just get some kind of command like : /grss gpsnap and it would automatically know to put points from those snapshots into the guild points system.

We can already take manual snapshots and call them different things. They don't exist as separate files, but they're all there when you upload your stuff at the end of a raid.

I take a snapshot when the raid starts to see who's on time, and another when it ends to see who stayed the whole time and who left early. I have raid destinations set that rewards the appropriate amount of points for snapshots named "On Time", but the deductions have to be done manually.

Sounds like you have some sweet ideas to help people like you and I manage things better, but some further clarification would be great.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
I guess to simplify, if there were a place where we could enter pre-determined "costs" for signups and attendance, and a way for us to tie a specific roster to those attendance points, and a way to upload snapshots to that specific dkp system we use for guild points, that would make things a lot simpler.

As it is right now, I open up the signups for that day and read back and forth inputting numbers depending on who signed up.

The big issue with this, other than the fact that it takes a while, and is easy to make a mistake is that if for some reason I don't get to it before the dkp officer uploads dkp for the raid, I cannot see who signed up as not attending anymore.

--

[Back to Index]