Password:

Forgot your password?
Little Help with WAR temp

Little Help with WAR temp
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I have a little self taught html knowledge so I'm learning as I go when trying to make some more in depth changes to the pre-made WAR drop in template.

I'm trying to remove/replace the cycling Destruction character images in the top header image. Where in the CSS editor can I find the code for these images and how would I remove them all together and or replace them with Order character images.

I also would like to set the initial setting for the side menu bar to "hide" instead of "visible" and if possible totally remove that side menu bar.

Any help on these to area's would be greatly appreciated. Again I am using the PRE MADE WAR DROP IN TEMPLATE

Thanks,
Ara
This change would actually have to be done in the HTML (this is acheived by using the Advanced Layout Options). At the bottom of the layout file for that template is a javascript section listing the files that are used to display the character above.

The menu issue you speak of is also in the HTML as well. There is more javascript at the bottom that tells it to hide or show depending on the page. You'd be able to change that to always make it hide by default, but making it gone altogether would remove the ability to log in or out of the site, since the login box is a menu.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks Chops, I found the the code for the title images in the layout file.

Having trouble finding the code that will set the side menu bar to "collapsed" on all pages including the initial page. And once I find it what would I change the wording to.

Thanks,
Ara
The function call is labeled "showwrathmenu()". In the code, it says

showwrathmenu("<!--System:StaticName-->"=="news");

If you were to change it to
showwrathmenu(false)
, that would be sufficient to make it always disabled by default.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]