Password:

Forgot your password?
/grss not functioning correctly

/grss not functioning correctly
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I ran our first Molten Core last night, and it was on auto /grss, and it took snapshots, and even manual ones I took. When I wanted to upload them all (yes i had reset them with /grss reset prior to raid), the raid was no where to be found. And it didnt even reset the /grss file. All I want is to be able for this to work properly, it has blues from UBRS in there that I don't even care about? Fixes?
1) You MUST log off wow before uploading. If you don't, it won't have written the file to the hard drive.
2) You MUST shut down cleanly. If you ALT+F4, WoW Crashes, or your computer shuts off or some other unexpected thing happening that prevents wow from shutting down cleanly, then the snapshots from that session of wow will be lost.

Unfortunately, those are limitations of WoW's addon capabilities.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
1) You MUST log off wow before uploading. If you don't, it won't have written the file to the hard drive.
2) You MUST shut down cleanly. If you ALT+F4, WoW Crashes, or your computer shuts off or some other unexpected thing happening that prevents wow from shutting down cleanly, then the snapshots from that session of wow will be lost.

Unfortunately, those are limitations of WoW's addon capabilities.

Yeah this is a real problem I wish blizz would address. I have begun digging myself in this as it really causes problems for both CTRA and GRSS when wow crashes. In this event we usually have atleast 2 raid officers tracking things. I'd love to find a way to commit things without having to log out. One thing I started doing is a /console reloadui after every boss. This sadly is the only way to force a commit as Chops had pointed out to me in an earlier discussion.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Agreed. Even if it wasn't automatic, if Mod Makers could force a write of the variables for their own Mods, that would be extraordinarily convenient.

I had one officer who absolutely COULD NOT use the GRSS because his wow crashed every time he tried to log off (This was also before we know that /console reloadui forced a write).

Your best bet is to make sure that you have a number of members all running the mod. The last thing you EVER want to do is to attempt to rebuild the raid from memory. Conveniently, however, the GRSS also takes a screenshot of the raid in that off-chance you have to manually enter the raids.

--
the GRSS also takes a screenshot of the raid in that off-chance you have to manually enter the raids.

I wondered what caused the little lag spike
An option to disable that might be nice as I typically get a little delay when any screenshots are performed which is really whacked considering my PC is 3 times what is recommended to run WOW.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I'll try to make the next version of GRSS have a toggle to disable the screenshot aspect of the snapshots.

--
Conveniently, however, the GRSS also takes a screenshot of the raid in that off-chance you have to manually enter the raids.

LoL I found out about this one this morning while updating the DKP entries from the night before. My Comp crashed at the end of the raid and I lost all the /GRSS data =( I spent lastnight trying to recontruct from memory the raid events. Then this morning stumbled across the screenies only cause I was looking for screenies of the new bosses we killed.

Glad /GRSS was taking Screenshots =)

--
Sreh

[Back to Index]