Password:

Forgot your password?
Calendar Synching Possible?

Calendar Synching Possible?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Is it possible to synchronize our guild's website calendar with Blizzard's new in-game one?

I'm hoping for an ability where I only have to post an event in one of the two places but the event shows up in both. Also the ability for guild members to sign up for that event in either place.

Thanks in advance.
There is one-way synching with the in-game calendar through use of the GuildRaidSnapShot mod.

This is due to limitations of the mod capabilities such that they cannot programatically create new events. This ultimately means that should you decide to use the in-game syncher, events must be made ONLY in-game, and signups must only happen in-game, at which point they can be synchronized with your website calendar. There is no way around this limitation if we wished to use the official in-game calendar. The only possible option is to create a completely new mod specifically for the calendar, but this would require everyone in the guild to have the mod (like the GroupCalendar mod).

But check out Admin > Schedule > WoW Calendar Importer.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
There is one-way synching with the in-game calendar through use of the GuildRaidSnapShot mod.

This is due to limitations of the mod capabilities such that they cannot programatically create new events. This ultimately means that should you decide to use the in-game syncher, events must be made ONLY in-game, and signups must only happen in-game, at which point they can be synchronized with your website calendar. There is no way around this limitation if we wished to use the official in-game calendar. The only possible option is to create a completely new mod specifically for the calendar, but this would require everyone in the guild to have the mod (like the GroupCalendar mod).

But check out Admin > Schedule > WoW Calendar Importer.

Our "Guilds" use the Group Calender Mod, it is a required AddOn. I would like to see a why to UPLOAD from the site to my "GroupCalender.lua" file, so that any changes made on the site can also be reflected in the game.

As a note: We use Group Calender v4.5 because v5.x is buggy.

There is not currently a way to bring signups from the site to the GroupCalendar mod. With both the GC mod and the in-game calendar, it is a one-way process (from the game to the site), and not the other way around.

--
Quote by Chops
There is not currently a way to bring signups from the site to the GroupCalendar mod. With both the GC mod and the in-game calendar, it is a one-way process (from the game to the site), and not the other way around.

There's an app that allows you to sign-up from the iPhone using the in game calendar. Wonder what API they are using?

http://www.wowarmory.com/iphone.xml
This is provided by Blizzard and will undoubtedly have access to an API normal folks won't. And without seeing the code, and/or sniffing the packets, I'm not sure how breakable it is to replicate that.

--
Quote by Chops
This is provided by Blizzard and will undoubtedly have access to an API normal folks won't. And without seeing the code, and/or sniffing the packets, I'm not sure how breakable it is to replicate that.

Not sure if this will help you, but it's a possible start.

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API

Here's another site that might help. If you would like me to stop with the links, let me know.

http://code.google.com/p/wowdiff/source/browse/trunk/AddOns/Blizzard_Calendar/Blizzard_Calendar.lua
None of those show how to get into the WoW Database without loading WoW. The first link which you provided is merely the WoW API for in-game, which I'm intimately familiar with. The next is the code for the in-game calendar.

The GRSS Mod takes advantage of the in-game calendar and can transfer data from the calendar into your website. But there's no mechanism to transfer from the site into the game.

It's purely a one-way thing.

--

[Back to Index]