Password:

Forgot your password?
I need some help

I need some help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1) 1st off, do you only have to take one snapshot at the end of the raid? Im taking timed ones every 20 mins and its screwing up raid % due to subbing people in and out. It also says "raids" 22 and we have only done 1 with the dkp system...

2) i cant get the info on the site to load into my in game grss. Is there a command for this?? It would be handy rather than alt tabbing to check dkp and making members do the same...

3) Chops, is there anyway we can chat through msn/aim/ or vent? I have several more questions about dkp setup cause i think im doing a couple things wrong cause its not running very smooth..

My website is "ruinguild.dkpsystem.com" My account that runs the dkp on that site is "Betsysoo."

If you see any mistakes i have made i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Quote by jewshoes
1) 1st off, do you only have to take one snapshot at the end of the raid?

You should take a snapshot every time there are points to be awarded - i.e. when a boss dies. My guild also awards points to people who show up on time, so I also take a snapshot when the raid starts.

Quote by jewshoes
Im taking timed ones every 20 mins and its screwing up raid % due to subbing people in and out. It also says "raids" 22 and we have only done 1 with the dkp system...

You should only be taking timed snapshots if you award DKP based on time spent raiding.

DKPSystem uses the term "raid" to refer to these snapshots. Each uploaded snapshot is a "raid". The term you and I use for what we do with a group of 10/25/40 people, DKPSystem calls an "event". So you should have 22 "raids" and 1 "event".

Quote by jewshoes
2) i cant get the info on the site to load into my in game grss. Is there a command for this?? It would be handy rather than alt tabbing to check dkp and making members do the same...

One of the files included in GRSS is an executable called GetGRSSDKP.exe (also a script for Mac users called GetGRSSDKP_OSX.scpt). Run this before every raid to ensure that the information from your website gets synched with the mod. Then you should be able to view DKP for all your members while in-game, and they will be able to send you whisper commands (!dkp) so they can see them as well.

Quote by jewshoes
3) Chops, is there anyway we can chat through msn/aim/ or vent? I have several more questions about dkp setup cause i think im doing a couple things wrong cause its not running very smooth..

Until Chops gets back to you feel free to post more questions here so that others, who may be in a similar situation, can benefit from the discussion. I'll do my best to answer them.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
My guild does timed snapshots simply for attendance %, who do not assign DKP to timed snaps, only to boss kills, so that is another way to use the system.

If your guild does not care about tracking attendance, and does not award DKP for timed attendance then you can stop doing them altogether.

--
Quote by Enarra
My guild does timed snapshots simply for attendance %, who do not assign DKP to timed snaps, only to boss kills, so that is another way to use the system.

We do attendance based on a snapshot I take at the start of the raid (also to see who is late) that gets compared to a snapshot I take at the end of the raid. If we change people out during the run, it's reflected on the boss kills.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

[Back to Index]