Forgot your password?
Hi all need some noob advice .. or point in the right direction

Hi all need some noob advice .. or point in the right direction
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hey All,

I have recently been given the task of looking after our website, but I would love to upgrade it somehow, Does anyone know were or have any Lord of the Rings templates or a place I can get them for our site? .. so it looks a bit more professional.

Also our forums don`t look pretty .. i think they a bit messy myself coming from a women this is *giggle* ive been looking to touch up the forums as well with something .. section thing off a bit more make one home page and use the link system .. but I`m not starting a fresh just need to tweak the site a bit more and may need some guidenece with it and what to do .. I like to change the phbb system can i add one and were would i get one from ?

Thank you in advance

Angel

oh if you want to view out site its :
http://www.circleoffriends.dkpsystem.com/

We've got a LOTRO template in the works, though we don't currently have one ready yet.

We don't offer phpBB as a forum system, this is something you'd have to get hosted elsewhere.

Have you tried changing to some of the other forum layouts?

I'm honestly curious - what don't you like about the forum system, specifically?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
All of the functionality for the forum is there. I think what most people are looking for is pretty much just a straight across clone of phpBB's visual appearance.

I can sympathize with them as I also find phpBB's forum layouts more aesthetically pleasing. I haven't had a chance to look into how much customization you've made available to the advanced layouts for the forum, but a phpBB layout would be quite nice.
Quote by Chops
We've got a LOTRO template in the works, though we don't currently have one ready yet.

We don't offer phpBB as a forum system, this is something you'd have to get hosted elsewhere.

Have you tried changing to some of the other forum layouts?

I'm honestly curious - what don't you like about the forum system, specifically?

Well being a women .. I find it looks messy myself, I cant seem to find recent posts or lists of posts, maybe one of the layouts that you have might be better.. I`ll give it a try
I cant seem to find recent posts or lists of posts, maybe one of the layouts that you have might be better.. I`ll give it a try

If you switch to "Simple Filter", it's all posts sorted descendingly (giving you the recent posts). I still hold that Simple Filter and Advanced Filter are the mods most conducive to guild websites.

I still don't understand the preference for multiple forums on a guild website. There just aren't enough posts on even the most active of guild forums to justify breaking the forum up into completely separate sections.

With the phpBB paradigm, you're forced into the "Multi forum" system, and then have to click something to see the most recent posts. With the "Thread Tags" paradigm, all you get under almost all circumstances is the most recent posts, and if you wanted to filter out specific threads, then you can click.

phpBB's method just seems completely backwards to me for any forum that is receiving at most 100 posts a day (which easily covers 99% of all guild sites).

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]