Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site Game Addons/Importers
Urgency (3 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
We use the ingame GRSS addon to keep track of our dkp and items and all screenshots and all that. When I first got this mod and website going everything was fine. But recently the ingame mod is not uploading all of the screenshots taken during a raid. We would kill 5 bosses, but the 3rd and 4th werent recorded. I would handle loot on them and record as we went, but not even the loot was uploaded at the end of the night.

If a person is out of range and I dont get the pop up box, I always add it in manually with /grss loot. If I dont get a pop up box on a wipe (we award dkp for wipes) I always manually add it with /GRSS Wipe on "whoever". But for some reasons some of these boss kills/loots/wipes are not making it to the upload screen at the end of the night. I have had to fix it on the website manually for the last 2 weeks now.

My second concern is that I have some one else running the same ingame mod as me (same version, always the newest). We always update from the website right before a raid. We do all of the same stuff during the raid, record all the same things. But when he goes to upload, no info is there. Not a single screenshot or boss kill or item loot or raid wipe is there. Is totaly blank. I then go and upload mine and it is missing screenshots. Even though we did all of the same stuff. Not sure what the problem there is.

Other person has full admin powers on the site, thought maybe that was the problem. The big thing here is that I will be leaving the game soon, but that will be a problem if they wont be able to upload their own screen shots.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
I'm honestly not sure.

Is your WoW client crashing, are you getting disconnected, or are you Alt+F4 closing the WoW client at all?

I'd recommend typing /console reloadui at random points throughout the raid to ensure your data is getting written to the hard drive.

Also, just to be sure, make sure you're closing WoW before uploading.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'm currently having this exact same problem, we just finished running Naxx and when I went to upload the snapshots for the night there was nothing there.

At the end of the night my computer was force-restarted by Windows update and judging by Chops' reply that could have been the issue.

The only thing that is preventing me from jumping to that conclusion is that about ten mintues before my computer restarted I tried to update the dkp and once again came up with no record of any snapshots. I did do this while my WoW client was running though, could that have made it look like there were no snapshots even if they were actually there?

The last bit of info on this is for the first time tonight I tried using a different DKP auction mod then the one that comes built in with GRSS. The popups still came up every time I awarded loot and we killed a boss and I entered in the dkp charge just like I always do though so I'm not too sure if this is related in any way.

It's probably too late to salvage the snapshots for tonight but any advice on how to prevent this from happening in the future would be awsome.

Many Thanks,
Tojb
At the end of the night my computer was force-restarted by Windows update and judging by Chops' reply that could have been the issue.

That's definitely the cause.

As you said, you tried doing it while WoW was running, which, assuming you didn't type "/console reloadui" before uploading, the data currently in the mod had no yet been written to the hard drive.

The official recommendation is to always close WoW before uploading to ensure all the data is dumped to the hard drive.

But as I recommended in my previous post, typing "/console reloadui" at random points throughout the night will help to avoid the problem of WoW or your OS crashing.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]