Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Bug
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Looks like the ICC Gunship Battle isn't getting a snap shot with GRSS. I will save my combat logs from ICC for you, unless this is a known issue being worked on. I've been manually adding them in.

Just out of curiosity, how close is GRSS Base GP to getting implemented? If you need a beta tester for it I'm willing to help out.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the gunship battle information.

As for base GP, I'm still looking into this one. Just to refresh my old mind, how does base GP work? If they are under a certain GP, does it just give them that much?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I will capture logs for you tonight.

Base GP is a variable that is added to the GP that does not decay. It is usually the cost of one item and affects all raiders.

The main reason behind Base GP is to prevent new raiders who haven't won anything from trumping the regular raiders on a drop that they may have been waiting for.

The formula would be:
EP / (Base GP + GP) = PR

Thanks!
Chops,

Here is what is said in chat for the Gunship Battle.

Horde Event Begin

High Overlord Saurfang yells: Rise up, sons and daughters of the Horde! Today we battle a hated enemy of the Horde! LOK'TAR OGAR! Kor'kron, take us out!

High Overlord Saurfang yells: What is that?! Something approaching in the distance!

High Overlord Saurfang yells: ALLIANCE GUNSHIP! ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Move yer jalopy or we'll blow it out of the sky, orc! The Horde's got no business here!

High Overlord Saurfang yells: You will know our business soon! KOR'KRON, ANNIHILATE THEM!

Alliance Event Begin
Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Fire up the engines! We got a meetin' with destiny, lads!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Hold on to yer hats!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: What in the world is that? Grab me spyglass, crewman!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: By me own beard! HORDE SAILIN' IN FAST 'N HOT!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: EVASIVE ACTION! MAN THE GUNS!

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Cowardly dogs! Ye blindsighted us!

High Overlord Saurfang yells: This is not your battle, dwarf. Back down or we will be forced to destroy your ship.

Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Not me battle? I dunnae who ye think ye are, mister, but I got a score to settle with Arthas and yer not gettin' in me way! FIRE ALL GUNS! FIRE! FIRE!

Horde victory
High Overlord Saurfang yells: The Alliance falter. Onward to the Lich King!

Horde defeat
High Overlord Saurfang yells: Damage control! Put those fires out! You haven't seen the last of the Horde!

Alliance victory
Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Don't say I didn't warn ya, scoundrels! Onward, brothers and sisters!

Alliance defeat
Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Captain Bartlett, get us out of here! We're taken too much damage to stay afloat!
You rule so hard! Thanks.

--
Base GP adds a certain GP to each member of a guild. This means the final GP of each member is: GP = BaseGP + RealGP. All PR computations happen on GP not BaseGP or RealGP. Decay also applies to GP as a whole but it only diminishes RealGP. As such GP can never be lower than BaseGP. For example, say we have BaseGP = 100 and RealGP = 10. Applying a 10% decay will result in RealGP = 0 for a total of 100 GP.

Base GP prevents new recruits or long time inactive members from trumping your dedicated members just because their GP is 0 and thus their PR infinite.

I think if you were to add a setting to the loot system, like how you have the decay option, to set the Base GP, and then have the system add the base GP to the imported GP it should work. Just have to also make sure that the decay doesn't affect the Base GP.

--
Wolfify
Resto Druid
<Infamous With Style>
Darkspear -- Alliance
That's pretty much what I was thinking too. Add an option to the loot system for a variable Base GP that adds to all members and does not decay.

Most people will update GRSS prior to a raid to account for additional raids and decay, but it will only account for people who have raided previously. So I think the option needs to be present in GRSS to account for raiders who may not have gotten a web account or raided.
Gunship battle added to 2.017. Should be good to go.

--
Yup its been working! Thanks!

I think for the BaseGP option... might be a quick and easy to add a variable to the loot system on the website which adds to the gp pool then pull it out on decay calc or just decay the $actualgp depending on how you have it setup in your code.

[Back to Index]