Password:

Forgot your password?
Side Menu Help

Side Menu Help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Ive been slowly working on the site and have a question about side menus in the glass layout.

Is there a way to make them just a tad wider and taller? Id like to make some of my own graphics for the menus but there just isn't enough room. It looks like there is a bit of space but code wise Im lost on this. I messed with the .css file to no avail and I believe its a html thing.

Also I would love to decrease the size of the "news" box but scared to mess with it lol.

Drop Down Menus are working as intended now
Quote by Voo
Ive been slowly working on the site and have a question about side menus in the glass layout.

Is there a way to make them just a tad wider and taller? Id like to make some of my own graphics for the menus but there just isn't enough room. It looks like there is a bit of space but code wise Im lost on this. I messed with the .css file to no avail and I believe its a html thing.

Also I would love to decrease the size of the "news" box but scared to mess with it lol.

Drop Down Menus are working as intended now

I think my question is confusing. What Ive done is make a larger top, middle, and bottom graphic for the menus but when I attach them to the code the menu stays the same size.

The last piece of the widescreen problem is The main news menu. the site was built for 1280 across and when I pop into a higher res it stretches the main news menu out to whatever res you go to.

Is there a way to lock the window to a fixed width so the site looks correct at higher rez? It would get rid of the large blank spaces on the sides of the pictures and make the menus fall into the positions they where intended to fit into.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you here.

Yeah, if you set a width:1280px on a container div, it'll lock the width.

You'll also want to modify the CSS for the menus to have a new width. Right now, they're probably 167px, or something like that. Updating that to 200px or whatever your new images are should stretch it.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Sorry it took so long to get back to you here.

Yeah, if you set a width:1280px on a container div, it'll lock the width.

You'll also want to modify the CSS for the menus to have a new width. Right now, they're probably 167px, or something like that. Updating that to 200px or whatever your new images are should stretch it.

Im having a heck of a time with the container div. Ive been reading online sources and for me its very complicated. Ive tried a few things to no avail and Im thinking I would have to change all kinds of code in the menus etc.

You could also try modifying the main table of your site and se the following in it's "style" attribute: "width:1280px !important;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto"

The margin attributes, while unintuitive, actually center the table.

That worked reasonably well for me in Firefox.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
You could also try modifying the main table of your site and se the following in it's "style" attribute: "width:1280px !important;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto"

The margin attributes, while unintuitive, actually center the table.

That worked reasonably well for me in Firefox.

That got it )) Thank you so much chops )))

[Back to Index]