Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
How do you make it so you do not go negative in dkp?

[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: None

Go To This Ticket's Page
Creator ryal
Public or Private Public
Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Support
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Just like the subject says. i cannot seem to find any options that limit the lowest amount of dkp a person can have but there is a limit on the max dkp a person can have. can anyone help?
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
This is not currently an option. Currently, you would have to adjust their total up to zero if a member goes negative.

By what mechanism are you looking at for zero prevention?

The only two I can conceive of:

1) A user receives an item for which they don't have as many points as the item costs, in which case they go below zero and the system automatically adjusts the user back to zero.

2) A user doesn't have as many points available as you'd like to charge for an item and so the system prevents the addition of said item.

Neither of those solutions seem great to me, maybe the first seems okay, I guess, but a person spending those points is still spending them, and should, IMO, have to earn that same number of points back.

A user going zero isn't really a problem when you consider that zero is just an arbitrary number on the number line.

The only sure-fire way to prevent going zero (without using adjustments) that I'm aware of in DKP is a pure percentage based item cost system, like this one.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
while i do agree with you on the basis of if someone gets an item they should pay the points but that is not what my leadership agreed upon for DKP. so your first mechanism is what i am needing.
1) A user receives an item for which they don't have as many points as the item costs, in which case they go below zero and the system automatically adjusts the user back to zero.

how do i make it do this?
There is not currently an automatica system in place to do it.

You'll have to do it manually. If you notice a member with negative DKP, you'll want to add an adjustment (Admin > DKP > Adjustments) to compensate for the member being negative.

That should more or less fix that.

I was merely presenting ways in which the system could be modified to do it.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]