Password:

Forgot your password?
is there a way to make threads "marked all read"

is there a way to make threads "marked all read"
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

so i have a few officers in guild who are looking for an option for "marked all read" so they are able to weed out unimportant threads and just focus on the important communication stuff...i can't see this option on forums...now can i see it........

any help is great!
You should see a link that says "Enable Multi-thread Actions" or something to that effect. if you click it it will change to a drop down box and mark all as read is an option.

--
Wolfify
Resto Druid
<Infamous With Style>
Darkspear -- Alliance
You should see a link that says "Enable Multi-thread Actions" or something to that effect. if you click it it will change to a drop down box and mark all as read is an option.

where is this link.?
ooh found it.. thank you very much non of us in guild could find that..how silly of us..its like RIGHT THERE!
Yeah, that kinda leads to an interesting design decision I've been working on for a while with the (slowly evolving forum rewrite): how to deal with that "Multi-thread Actions" function.

Enabling the multi-thread actions toggles the display of checkboxes next to each thread so one can quickly select and perform quick multi-thread actions, but the link itself isn't very pronounced and people miss it (as this thread clearly demonstrates).

Originally, I had the checkboxes showing permanently and it was such an eyesore and made the forums look quite convoluted. So I added the toggle link to show the dropdown and select all options.

But new version more or less still has that same interface, but I'm afraid it'll just get lost. So I probably need to make it just more pronounced so people can see it. I'm aiming to simplify the forum interface significantly (which retaining all the functionality, if that sounds possible).

So anyway, there are some insights into my mind at work there. Pardon the stream-of-conscious.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]