Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Open
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Other/Misc
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (2 votes)
Description:
It has been asked a number of times by guild members so I figured I would open a feature request.

In the world of growing mobile devices I keep getting asked if the site will support mobile. I know that there is probably formatting that can be done to help make the sites mobile friendly however I would I don't really care about the looks of a site on a mobile device and personally don't like most sites that are do provide mobile support.

What I would prefer is support in the form of an App for common devices like Android and IOS. My thought is along the same lines as the Facebook apps. Just provide some basic formatted access to key features that users will want to see. Maybe offer a few differing appearance schemes but nothing controlled by the Guild Operators.

Feature Access:
Roster
Character Blogs
Forums
Calendar
Gallery (It would be extremely cool here to have a widget that ties into the phone on the devices so that we have an option when sharing to upload to our sites gallery directly!)
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
There are definitely plans for a Mobile formatted version of the site, which will almost certainly be ultra-simplified containing most of the items you mentioned.

I'm shooting for this summer for that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
What part of your site isn't working on smart phones?

I use a low-end Android (Optimus V) and one of my officers uses a slightly nicer one (Galaxy something), and we both can use every function of our site with no problems at all. I was actually pretty surprised at this, considering I'm using a drop-in template with a few changes. Even the forums scale automagically when I zoom in/out.

Quote by System
I know that there is probably formatting that can be done to help make the sites mobile friendly however I would I don't really care about the looks of a site on a mobile device and personally don't like most sites that are do provide mobile support.

I also hate mobile versions of websites because they usually compromise on the features. As it is right now, using the website from my droid is almost as easy as using it from my computer with all the same functionality.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Personally I have not problems. But you know the less technically literate people expect things to be like opening a facebook app.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Personally I have not problems. But you know the less technically literate people expect things to be like opening a facebook app.

Yeah, there are times when I'd prefer a mobile version over the full version, and as I am, there's no way I' would add mobile support without offering the ability to switch to the full version.

Being able to do everything from the phone is nice, but sometimes, I like just being able to click a big button instead of zooming to interact.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]