Forgot your password?
Raid list with snapshots not opening

Raid list with snapshots not opening
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops!

This is mostly an FYI, not a serious problem.

I had a small panic attack with the snapshots last night when the raidscreen didn't pop open with the shot. I believe it did open with my manual on-time shot because I don't remember freaking at that point. When we got to Luci, I still got the chat message that the snapshot was taken, but the raidlist didn't pop open. Not sure if this really matters other than having it be there for the backup screenshot that gets saved to the hard drive. When I went to do the upload, the snapshot was there, so everything was fine as far as DKP accrual is concerned.

I am a hunter, so I am usually pretty far away when the boss dies, so I'm wondering if the range to be in for the screenshot part might have changed? I had a rotten pull on Garr last night and he came over, resisted my feign and pounded me into the ground before the warrior could get him off me. So when he died, he died right on top of me and my raid screen opened with the snapshot. He's the only one where it popped up on my screen last night. But like I said, the snapshot is recording, so this is not an emergency. I have not had a chance to see if the screenshots were actually going off on the other bosses. But I'm about to leave work, so I will check for them when I get home.

This was also before the new mod to fix the loot recording problem. I just downloaded that this morning.

And, by the way, the number of raid days is fine on our site after last night's uploads, so thanks again for fixing that!

~Lina
Hi Chops,

The screenshots are still being saved to the harddrive just without the raidlist being popped open. Seems to happen when I am close to max hunter range. Not sure how close I'd have to be anymore to have the list pop open. And this wasn't happening before the patch.

Let me know if you need any other information!

~Lina
The screenshots are still being saved to the harddrive just without the raidlist being popped open. Seems to happen when I am close to max hunter range. Not sure how close I'd have to be anymore to have the list pop open. And this wasn't happening before the patch.

Well, there's another bug. I hope blizzard didn't take that functionality capability out!

--
It's all in the reflexes.

Well, there's another bug. I hope blizzard didn't take that functionality capability out!

If I am close enough, the list does pop open, and consequently is in the screenshot - like when I was dead right under Garr. Otherwise the screenshots are still triggering, but the list of course is not there.
If I am close enough, the list does pop open, and consequently is in the screenshot - like when I was dead right under Garr. Otherwise the screenshots are still triggering, but the list of course is not there.

Really?! Well, that's extremely wierd. I'll see what I can figure out, that's thoroughly bizare, as it shouldn't base anything on distance (other than whether or not it shows up in the combat log).

--

Really?! Well, that's extremely wierd. I'll see what I can figure out, that's thoroughly bizare, as it shouldn't base anything on distance (other than whether or not it shows up in the combat log).

Ok - let me see if I can get the screenshots on here...for Luci, Mag and Gehennas, I was close to my max range and it did not pop open. For Garr, I was dead right under him. I am getting the chat messages, but not the list of raiders unless I am really close. I can test again tomorrow when we go back in there, and I can try to be at different ranges and I'll watch the combat log as well. But it should be in the combat log if I am actually getting the snapshots for the upload.
Hi Chops,

In case you want more information, I tried to test a little with what we were able to do tonight. Our instance server crashed for a nice long time, and with the lag, issues from the patch, etc. we didn't get too much done.

I did get a pop up of the raid list when we killed Ony. For her I was probably right outside of the too close range. She was a little close on my side and I was just barely able to get back far enough to shoot after the fears.

For Sulf and Golemagg, I remembered to pull out my combat log and I played with the range. For Sulf I was at max hunter range (I'm spec'd for full hawkeye) and I did not get the pop up list. For Golemagg, I ran in about half way...you can see me just to the right of the small explosion thing. I also did not get the raid pop up for this screenshot. Both fights show them dying in the combat log. The screenshots are obviously triggering and the snapshots and loot are captured just fine. So this is a minor issue, but I thought I'd try to give you more info.

Thanks!
~Lina

PS - Yay for Shaman gear on the Alliance side already! Because no one else really needed their Tier 2 helm tonight! We're only there because she's just so darn fun to kill!
Thanks for the followups. I'll see what I can figure out.

--
Thanks for the followups. I'll see what I can figure out.

Omg...do you sleep? lol
Omg...do you sleep?

I can sleep when I'm dead.

--
Omg...do you sleep?

I can sleep when I'm dead.

Hahahahahahaha

Well, we all appreciate all the time you put into this site!

I think I know what the problem is. You can not open the Raid UI when you are in combat. When the boss dies and your trying to open the Raid UI to take the screen show I was still in Combat.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I think I know what the problem is. You can not open the Raid UI when you are in combat

Wow...Really?! What was the reasoning for this change?

--
I think I know what the problem is. You can not open the Raid UI when you are in combat

I did finally get that problem tonight as well. Since the patch I do remember opening the raid screen while in combat once and it was completely blank - but it did open. I don't open it often while in combat so didn't think about that being the issue. But tonight it would not even open up at all while we were in combat in ZG.

Not sure why sometimes it did actually work for me now.

The only other add-ons I have so far are CTRaid and Titan Panel if that matters. But I believe the healers have complained of this problem whether or not they have their add-ons enabled. And the druids are having problems with clicking on a priest and somehow innervating a warrior. So it's probably a Bliz issue rather than yours! Thanks for looking at it though Chops!

Its all about Secure Frames now. Blizz will not allow you to modify any unitframes will in combat. As Xylina said you an open it but it is blank. I'm not sure why it won't even open for GRSS.

--
So I can confirm that the timing of the boss dieing, you leaving combat, and GRSS trying to open the Raid UI before taking the screen shot is the problem. The last couple of raids I managed to jump aggro over the MT (great new mechanics on aggro lol) resulting in my demise. Well you not in combat if your dead and when GRSS took the raid snapshot the Raid UI opened and the Screen Shot occurred normally.

You might be able to solve this problem by checking to see if the player is in combat when you want to take a screen shot. Something like:
if UnitAffectingCombat( "player" ) then
combatflag = 1
else
call function to take screenshot

Then you have to register the events "PLAYER_ENTER_COMBAT" and "PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT" if you don't already.
When you get "PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT" you can check the flag and clear it and call the function to do the screen shot or snapshot as a whole.

This would probably work better anyway for a couple of reason. The little but of lag by the screen shot can be annoying. also. In fights like Buru the Gorger you have adds to deal with after Buru dies. The lag and part of the UI window opening have always been a little annoying.

--
Yeah, that's the way to go. I'll only need to register PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT though, as I don't care if they enter combat. Or do I?

But that's what I'll do. On leave combat, bust open the raid ui and take the screenshot. It'll still take the snapshot during combat, but the screenshot won't happen until combat is left.

Thanks man

--
Yeah, that's the way to go. I'll only need to register PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT though, as I don't care if they enter combat. Or do I?

I was thinking of that myself when I proposed this option. You don't technically need to know if you are in combat before you know if you leave it. It might be one way to work with the issue popping up of people looting also. I actually got this error once and only once with the Security Message about GRSS being blocked from a function reserved for the blizzard UI. Simply registering the Enter Combat Event won't kill any resources. But it might provide a means to help with that looting issue assuming it is happening before the Leave Combat flag is sent. At a minimum with these issues occurring it might provide you with a debug check point to know when the player has entered combat.

--

I was thinking of that myself when I proposed this option. You don't technically need to know if you are in combat before you know if you leave it. It might be one way to work with the issue popping up of people looting also. I actually got this error once and only once with the Security Message about GRSS being blocked from a function reserved for the blizzard UI. Simply registering the Enter Combat Event won't kill any resources. But it might provide a means to help with that looting issue assuming it is happening before the Leave Combat flag is sent. At a minimum with these issues occurring it might provide you with a debug check point to know when the player has entered combat.

Not to state the obvious, but I am using an ACEMod called bugtracker and bugbag, it reported last night that the grss snapshot tool was making calls that violated the security. Thing is the .lua file was correct though.

Do you need to see the bug traces.... or do you have this pretty much figured out?

--
Anything will help, but in regards to the screenshot, it's merely a matter of waiting until out of combat to take the screenshot.

I'm interested in seeing what else your bugtracker might be uncovering for me.

--

[Back to Index]