Password:

Forgot your password?
Java not working at all with IE

Java not working at all with IE
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Recieving multiple complaints that our site is not allowing java to be ran on IE.

--
Recieving multiple complaints that our site is not allowing java to be ran on IE.

Microsoft is no longer allowed to bundle Java with Windows or any of its software. This was part of the settlement with Sun Micorsystem over Java that Windows ripped off. Most of your users thus likely do not have an updated version of Java.

Send them here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Wow, seriously?! I hadn't heard that, but that's retarded.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Wow, seriously?! I hadn't heard that, but that's retarded.

Oh yeah that was like 2 years ago but that stipulation was not enforced until recently. You'll notice that Windows Update no longer has Java Virtual Machine (which was Microsoft's version). Actually if I recall and it is still there if you google Java Virtual Machine or search Microsoft for it there is text to that extent.

Yeah here ya go. The Microsoft explanation
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/

I had several people tell me that they didn't see anything in the tickers I have running and Java stuff gave them errors. I had to put up a banner for everyone to go download it. FireFox will usually tell you to go get a new version of Java. IE7 of course didn't come with Java either.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
sorry, i just posted a quick blurb yesterday.

Anyways, people are complaining that they are not able to use any of the java enabled stuff on our website as of about 2 days ago. They have not changed or altered their IE and this stuff worked 3 days ago. It just stopped working on IE.

--
Hmm...everything seems to be working for me.

About 2 days ago there WAS a freak thing happen with the servers where the javascript got all broken between 5am and 10am central time, but that's no longer a problem.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I have IE 7 and updated Java and intermitently I have the occasional java link go inert on me. In other threads I can post but in one or two particular others I cant...???
No clue on why this is, but it must be some setting on my computer because my laptop at work has no issues what so ever.

--
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

[Back to Index]