Forgot your password?
Suicide Kings Style DKP System Using DKPSystem

Suicide Kings Style DKP System Using DKPSystem
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Guys,

I am seriously considering dropping DKP in lew of Suicide Kings style loot distribution. The idea I had was to create seperate list based on the following.

ZG & AQ20

Epic Armor Drops
Epic Weapons and Staffs
Epic Trinkets, Rings, Mounts, etc.
Epic Quest Items (Heads, Trinket pieces)

Roll on Blues

MC

Epic Armor Drops Tier 1
Epic Armor Drops Tier 2
Epic Weapons and Staffs
Epic Trinkets, Rings, Mounts, etc.
Epic Quest Items (Heads, Trinket pieces)

Roll on Blues & Patterns

ETC,

Each loot table would have a SK list... Meaning, that you get a tier 1 peace in MC ... you go to the bottom of the Tier 1 list, but if a tier 2 pants drops, you are still in your current position until you get a drop. In some cases, you could be removed from a list once you get an item.

I might be making this more complicated then needed or that the system is designed to deal with. The question I have is... is there any interest in seeing such a system here? What I would like to be able to do is generate a list of people and publish the standings.

So I am fishing for some ideas on how to use the current technology we have here without over burdening Chops with yet another suggestion

Thanks,

Toddler

--
Suicide Kings in the current system in my mind is best implemented by using a spend all system. I didn't see you state specifically but would assume that your intent is that when a player gets a piece of T1 that they drop to the bottom of that list and then work their way back up. Or are you planning on suiciding every run separately? I ask because of the attitude and issues with most people in regards to loot.

You have a player that attends every raid. The way Suicide Kings works that I understand it is that you take a random roll of say 1 in 1000 and that places everyone in an order. Once they win loot the drop to the bottom and start working their back up. But that only works for that instance run. Next run you do it all over again. The problem with the guy that attends every run is that if he has really bad luck and is always at the bottom of the rolls will feel jilted when the nub gets his T2 pants from Rag first because he hasn't put in the same effort to get them.

The way I am thinking of it is that you take your current DKP. Roll it into Suicide Kings style. Start awarding 1 point per dropped item that DKP would be used for. So when the first T1 item drops the guy that has been there the most and the longest that needs it can use it wins it. They drop the bottom because in the DKP Spent window you enter the total current value of the guys DKP. They drop to the bottom of the list and start working their way back up the list. This will benefit those that put in the effort to get their stuff because they can move back up the list faster. The fact that you only award 1 point will make it so that it would be hard to jump a guy that only misses say a few raids. The people that don't show up a lot would suffer but you have to equal out the grief somehow.

Now if you wanted to do a true suicide and set everyone over every time you raid I don't think it would be that hard and GRSS would just need a couple tweaks to support it. At the start of the raid you could have everyone do a /rnd 1000 and have GRSS record the rolls. GRSS would then need to be enhanced to support the systems you wanted and assign the persons roll as their current value. Then each time they suicide you just again enter the loot spent as their total value. Each time you pick up or assign loot a point could get automatically added to everyone.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Suicide Kings in the current system in my mind is best implemented by using a spend all system. I didn't see you state specifically but would assume that your intent is that when a player gets a piece of T1 that they drop to the bottom of that list and then work their way back up. Or are you planning on suiciding every run separately? I ask because of the attitude and issues with most people in regards to loot.

You have a player that attends every raid. The way Suicide Kings works that I understand it is that you take a random roll of say 1 in 1000 and that places everyone in an order. Once they win loot the drop to the bottom and start working their back up. But that only works for that instance run. Next run you do it all over again. The problem with the guy that attends every run is that if he has really bad luck and is always at the bottom of the rolls will feel jilted when the nub gets his T2 pants from Rag first because he hasn't put in the same effort to get them.

The way I am thinking of it is that you take your current DKP. Roll it into Suicide Kings style. Start awarding 1 point per dropped item that DKP would be used for. So when the first T1 item drops the guy that has been there the most and the longest that needs it can use it wins it. They drop the bottom because in the DKP Spent window you enter the total current value of the guys DKP. They drop to the bottom of the list and start working their way back up the list. This will benefit those that put in the effort to get their stuff because they can move back up the list faster. The fact that you only award 1 point will make it so that it would be hard to jump a guy that only misses say a few raids. The people that don't show up a lot would suffer but you have to equal out the grief somehow.

Now if you wanted to do a true suicide and set everyone over every time you raid I don't think it would be that hard and GRSS would just need a couple tweaks to support it. At the start of the raid you could have everyone do a /rnd 1000 and have GRSS record the rolls. GRSS would then need to be enhanced to support the systems you wanted and assign the persons roll as their current value. Then each time they suicide you just again enter the loot spent as their total value. Each time you pick up or assign loot a point could get automatically added to everyone.

Interesting... So using our DKP Module you are Fudging the system by using Number of bosses down or something. 1 point is awarded per fight. All points are spend when item is aquired.

So it is basically still DKP but with position. So the next question is can I create mutliple loot tables though? One for each RAID and Item style...

Toddler

--
Quote by Toddler
Interesting... So using our DKP Module you are Fudging the system by using Number of bosses down or something. 1 point is awarded per fight. All points are spend when item is aquired.

So it is basically still DKP but with position. So the next question is can I create mutliple loot tables though? One for each RAID and Item style...

Toddler

I'm not actually doing it that way just a thought of how it might work. I'm not sure how loot tables work. I think you can only create 1 loot table for all systems.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]