Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildBank and GuildRaidSnapShot Mods for The Burning Crusade

GuildBank and GuildRaidSnapShot Mods for The Burning Crusade
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I'm done with the changes to the GRSS. I'll be deploying that soon. I wanted to have the GuildBank mod redone as well tonight, but it's not looking promising. I'm shooting for tomorrow night, but this week for SURE.

In any case, here's a list of some of the coming changes for the GuildBank mod (I'll list the GRSS Changes in the documentation I'll be working on also tonight).

GuildBank Changes coming:
--------------------------
PvP Stuff (rank, HKs, etc)
Categorized and Searchable items (item slot, profession, level, class, etc)
Factions reorganized and searchable
Quests searchable

The structural changes here are significant and as a result, when this new version is deployed, the old version will no longer be supported in ANY capacity (the upload function will pretty much not work at all if you're uploading old data).

So there's a little taste of stuff for you.

As for the GRSS Changes, like I said, I'll be putting the information in the documentation, but I'll just say quickly here that the changes are extensive. Most of your suggestions have been implemented, and I thank you the constant feedback.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
From the Change Log

* New GuildRaidSnapShot version 0.7. All sorts of new features have been added:
---Waiting List
---Auto-Invite from calendar signups
---Automated item entering from the loot window (for bidding and rolling)
---More "Whisper queries" and improve functionality (like querying more than one player at a time).
---An auto-downloader for OSX.
---Ability to filter the main DKP list by Class and Raid contents
---Ability to spam chat with the standings
---Ability to change if you want to roll 1-100 or 1-1000.
---A slew of bugfixes

Download from http://www.dkpsystem.com/files/GuildRaidSnapShot.zip

Documentation: http://www.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=17

--
Is this version live? I download through my site, and it still shows up as outdated in game.
Quote by Jaz
Is this version live? I download through my site, and it still shows up as outdated in game.

It might be outdated, as I still haven't gotten my BC version.

Install it and type /grss invite and see if a window pops up.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Jaz

It might be outdated, as I still haven't gotten my BC version.

Install it and type /grss invite and see if a window pops up.

Non BC is still 20003 for the client version. I think the client version for TBC should be 20005

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
OK. You both completely lost me there. I am having an off day sorry!
Quote by Jaz
OK. You both completely lost me there. I am having an off day sorry!

The Burning Crusade apparently has a different "Client Version" than the Non-Expansion version of WoW, which would account for the notification of the mod being labeled "Out of date."

Just check the box for "Load Outdated mods" and you'll be fine. MY suggestion was check that box, then type /grss invite to see if the "Waiting List and Inviting" window pops up.

When I get my version of BC (hopefully it comes today), I'll redo the .toc file to have the right version.

--
Documentation for the new GRSS mod can be found: http://www.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=17

--
Quote by Chops
Documentation for the new GRSS mod can be found: http://www.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=17

I absolutely can not wait to try this out on a Raid. You hit a grand slam in adding the features asked for in my opinion.

I have a question about how the wait list works. Does it save the people that were in the wait list in the savedvariables file? Does it mark anything as to when they got invited to the raid? If not those little additions need to be made. Also need to know for those guilds that track some form of DKP award for being in the wait list if they appear in the upload somehow marked as in wait list so that we can award the correct amount of DKP.

--
Does it save the people that were in the wait list in the savedvariables file?

Yes, so it will survive a /console reloadui.

Does it mark anything as to when they got invited to the raid?

It automatically removes them from the waiting list if they join the raid

Also need to know for those guilds that track some form of DKP award for being in the wait list if they appear in the upload somehow marked as in wait list so that we can award the correct amount of DKP.

This is one feature that I didn't implement yet, but is one that will be done.

The one major suggestion of yours that I did not do was using the MasterLoot functions to automatically send items to players. I just felt that was a little too dangerous. In time, I will give it further consideration, but that's something I need to take slowly and carefully, not in something for "Crunch time" like I've been doing.

--
Quote by Chops
The one major suggestion of yours that I did not do was using the MasterLoot functions to automatically send items to players. I just felt that was a little too dangerous. In time, I will give it further consideration, but that's something I need to take slowly and carefully, not in something for "Crunch time" like I've been doing.

To clarify All I really wanted to linking in the roll/bid window. I just thought that mod provided a fair example of how to do that.

On my other points I might have a simple solution

1. Does it mark anything as to when they got invited to the raid?
2. Also need to know for those guilds that track some form of DKP award for being in the wait list if they appear in the upload somehow marked as in wait list so that we can award the correct amount of DKP.

When a snapshot is taken either automatically or manually have it place anyone that is in the Wait List in the Raid Snapshot and list the zone they are in as WAITLIST. This way when I upload a GRSS Snapshot I will see those people in the snapshots and that they were in the wait list at that time thus I can award them the correct amount of DKP during import.

--

When a snapshot is taken either automatically or manually have it place anyone that is in the Wait List in the Raid Snapshot and list the zone they are in as WAITLIST. This way when I upload a GRSS Snapshot I will see those people in the snapshots and that they were in the wait list at that time thus I can award them the correct amount of DKP during import.

Exactly, that is something I'll be adding.

--
I am having an issue it looks as if it is not taking the snapshot. I downloaded the lastest patch I follow the instruction sbut when I go to look fo rthe file... it's not there....

What am I doing wrong?
Monica
Inner Sanctum
I am having an issue it looks as if it is not taking the snapshot. I downloaded the lastest patch I follow the instruction sbut when I go to look fo rthe file... it's not there....

Just to be sure, there are three different places where people look for the files, and only one of them is correct:

WoW/Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua(This location is wrong)

WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/RealmName/CharacterName/SavedVariables/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua (This location is also wrong)

WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/SavedVariables/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua (This location is right)

Just to be sure, are you getting the file from the right place?

--
Quote by Chops

Just to be sure, there are three different places where people look for the files, and only one of them is correct:

WoW/Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua(This location is wrong)

WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/RealmName/CharacterName/SavedVariables/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua (This location is also wrong)

WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/SavedVariables/GuildRaidSnapShot.lua (This location is right)

I am cheking in the correct area there are only two other files that start with a G... I am not sure whether or not it is taking the snapshot... Does anything pop up to let you know that it took the snap shot?

Just to be sure, are you getting the file from the right place?
I am cheking in the correct area there are only two other files that start with a G... I am not sure whether or not it is taking the snapshot... Does anything pop up to let you know that it took the snap shot?

Nope, it doesn't say anything when it goes.

You can test to see if the mod is installed properly by typing the following in-game:

/grss

It should priont a TON of stuff that looks like this:

--
Yes I am getting tyhe file from the right place!!! Help!!! My husband even did it on his computer in case that there was some issues with mine but it still the same. How do we know if the capture was done or not? I sthere a way to prompt that capture?

Thanks!
Monica

[Back to Index]