New GuildBank Mod Up

New GuildBank Mod Up
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
There is a new GuildBank mod up. There are a bunch of new features including:

Quest tracking and Searching, Faction Searching, PvP Info (only some right now, as the recent changes aren't yet documented in WoWWiki), and improved reliability.

http://www.dkpsystem.com/files/GuildBank.zip

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks Chops! Been waiting for this one!
Quote by Chops

Quest tracking and Searching, Faction Searching, PvP Info (only some right now, as the recent changes aren't yet documented in WoWWiki), and improved reliability.

Hey tried this out to no avail. Everytime I start WOW with the mod installed the wow client locks up. I have disabled all other mods and just enabled the GuildBank mod and this still happens. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

This is using the 2.0.5 Patch.

FYI

I noticed another thread to Add the Guild Raid SnapShot Mod. This has not seemed to solve my problem. WOW still locks up at 1 cpu @ 100% and 2.2k Handles and 42 Threads.

Thanks

Hey tried this out to no avail. Everytime I start WOW with the mod installed the wow client locks up. I have disabled all other mods and just enabled the GuildBank mod and this still happens. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

FYI

I noticed another thread to Add the Guild Raid SnapShot Mod. This has not seemed to solve my problem. WOW still locks up at 1 cpu @ 100% and 2.2k Handles and 42 Threads.

hmmmm...I'll do some troubleshooting. I wonder where I might have an infinite loop.....ugh.

--
Quote by Chops

FYI

hmmmm...I'll do some troubleshooting. I wonder where I might have an infinite loop.....ugh.

I was getting an error window pop up referring to a Null value and pointing to a GRSS file. So I installed the GRSS mod and it went away. Our site is not using the GRSS yet due to we are a new server and guild and dont need the DKP yet.

--
Nighthawk, Shaman Moo!
Quote by Chops

FYI

This happened to me last night. I can use the mod just fine with my main, but when I tried logging on with another character (who is in a different account) the client would lock up at 100% every time. When I disabled the guildbank mod i could log on with my other character/account just fine.

This happened to me last night. I can use the mod just fine with my main, but when I tried logging on with another character (who is in a different account) the client would lock up at 100% every time. When I disabled the guildbank mod i could log on with my other character/account just fine.

I think I have the problem isolated and fixed here. I'm just waiting for the WoW update to download (longest 4meg download ever) and I'll be able to test it to make sure I didn't totally fubar it up.

--
Quote by Chops

My guildmates and I are having the same general problem - complete lock-up upon entering game world. We all have download the most recent post of GuildBank Mod, and this crash only occurs when the addon is enabled. Posting this after 2.06 patch.

Thanks for the otherwise excellent services DKPSystem provides!
I'm confident you'll get this worked out soon.

--
We Wear Helmets
Alrighty, a new version has been posted. Please let me know if you are experiencing these crashing issues anymore.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, a new version has been posted. Please let me know if you are experiencing these crashing issues anymore.

Still locking up the WoW Client as of the new version.

## Interface: 20003
## Title: GuildBank
## Notes: takes a snapshot of the current character's Bank
## Version: 0.41

This is run with only that mod installed. It seems to freeze after it has loaded all the actionbars. I have a blank character portrait when the processor spikes and memory consumption keeps climbing through the roof.

Adding GRSS to solve the dependency issue I saw in the other thread does not help.

## Interface: 20003
## Title: GuildRaidSnapShot
## Version 0.71

On it's own GRSS seems to work ok. I am not familar enough with it to comment on if it is working as designed.
Quote by Chops

Heya Chops,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I got the same results - total lock-up when entering game world. Tested this on both Mac and Windows platforms. I still have the last pre-tbc mod, and it appears to work fine. Except, there is an error message that pops up when entering game world that says:

[string"GBKTooltip:Onload"]:2:GBKTooltip:SetOwner(): Can't set owner to self

If you click okay to dismiss the error window, the mod appears to function just fine.

Don't know if this helps, but I thought I would include it FYI.

Thanks again!

--
We Wear Helmets
Blast! Back to the code I go. Thanks for your patience with this, I really appreciate it.

--
Quote by chrisault
Quote by Chops

Heya Chops,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I got the same results - total lock-up when entering game world. Tested this on both Mac and Windows platforms. I still have the last pre-tbc mod, and it appears to work fine. Except, there is an error message that pops up when entering game world that says:

If you click okay to dismiss the error window, the mod appears to function just fine.

Thanks again!

chrisault - could you perhaps upload the pre-tbc mod? id like to test it on my machine

edit: i can now say that the new patch ( released to EU last night at server update ) now has the same crashing effect
Quote by Tinkerfind
Quote by chrisault
Quote by Chops

Heya Chops,

Thanks again!

chrisault - could you perhaps upload the pre-tbc mod? id like to test it on my machine

edit: i can now say that the new patch ( released to EU last night at server update ) now has the same crashing effect

Sure thing.. here ya go.

--
We Wear Helmets
Quote by chrisault
Sure thing.. here ya go.

The problem here though is that I believe the Import Function on the Website has changed and thus while the old version might collect data it will not be in the correct format to import.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
ALRIGHTY! I was finally able to reproduce the crashing bug for a few tries, and I have it narrowed down to a particular section of the code (the quest objectives capturing). I still have no idea WHY it's causing problems, but it is. I have an artificial prevention for infinite loop in that section but it still freaks out. Ultimately, I don't know of the WoW client likes reading the Quest info upon load, so I've removed the Quest capturing from the "ADDON_LOADED" event trigger. Instead, I've put the quest capturing in the /gbk command as well as when certain quest aspects update (like when a quest objective gets updated).

Unfortunately, half-way through working on this, the mod stopped crashing on me again, and I had to resort AGAIN to guesswork.

Hopefully this new version works properly for everyone: 0.42

--
Quote by Chops
ALRIGHTY! I was finally able to reproduce the crashing bug for a few tries, and I have it narrowed down to a particular section of the code (the quest objectives capturing). I still have no idea WHY it's causing problems, but it is. I have an artificial prevention for infinite loop in that section but it still freaks out. Ultimately, I don't know of the WoW client likes reading the Quest info upon load, so I've removed the Quest capturing from the "ADDON_LOADED" event trigger. Instead, I've put the quest capturing in the /gbk command as well as when certain quest aspects update (like when a quest objective gets updated).

Hmm. I had this problem when I wrote QuestAnnounce. I'll have to look at my code and see where I check for the Quest Update and Objective Update. I basically spammed myself and had to put controls in to stop the thing from updating infinately on login.

--

Hmm. I had this problem when I wrote QuestAnnounce. I'll have to look at my code and see where I check for the Quest Update and Objective Update. I basically spammed myself and had to put controls in to stop the thing from updating infinately on login.

Any help you can lend in this is appreciated...I'm having a hell of a time trying to reproduce it.

--
Quote by Chops

Any help you can lend in this is appreciated...I'm having a hell of a time trying to reproduce it.

I looked at your code and with the changes I think your doing it the right way now. Here is what I found that I recall from what I did with my announcer. When a Quest is updated the events QUEST_PROGRESS and QUEST_UPDATE fire. When log in they fire like 3 times. Not sure but if someone has quite a few addons running and they have their addon memory set low it could likely cause an overload that seemingly locks the client. One suggestion I would make to all is to set your addon memory to a minimum of 256. Chops you might want to check your addon memory and just see how many your loading. Lower the addon memory to the default of 64 and see if the error is more reproducible. Memory leaks in mods directly relate at times to lag.

Obviously from a coders point of view you might also want to localize all functions that don't need to be called from anything else. Localizing should make it a little less memory intensive (not that it is). I don't know if you have anything in GuildBank that is callable from GRSS and I assume not since I usually don't have both running.

--
Quote by Chops

Unfortunately, half-way through working on this, the mod stopped crashing on me again, and I had to resort AGAIN to guesswork.

Hopefully this new version works properly for everyone: 0.42

Hey Chops! Good Work the mod seems to be working for me now. This morning the lua upoad didn't want to show up on the website. It is now accepting the upload. Thanks for all your hard work getting it up and working.

Best,

NoWhammies of Laughing Skull

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]