Forgot your password?
Armory Stuff

Armory Stuff
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Alrightythen.

We have two new developments that are related to the armory.

1) You can head to Admin > Import Roster from Armory to (you guessed it) import your Roster from the Armory. (clever name, eh?) This is sort of a replacement for the GRSS Roster Import procedure, but it doesn't do the Ranks, and it obviously can't do anyone that ISN'T in the Armory (like someone who hasn't logged in for 5 months, for example)

and

2) Head to Admin > Armory Settings and check the box for "Maintain Profiles" and once a week or so, all the profiles on your site will be updated according to the data in the armory. Keep in mind this process runs for all the sites, and well, there are a lot of sites with a lot of characters, so this process is not predictable when it will get to your site...It is expected to run for several days non-stop. This will update the following for each character in your site: Equipped armor, Factions, Profession Levels, Basic Talent Build, and Arena PVP Info. (You will still need the GuildBank mod for Bank and Bag contents, Specific Profession skills, more detailed Talent Build, etc).

Enjoy!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Can we still use the GRSS roster upload option instead

--
Quote by Shams

Of course. It's purely optional.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Shams

Of course. It's purely optional.

Actually, can we use the armory for the stuff it suplies, then use the GuildBank Mod for the other stuff the the armory does not supply.. i think that is what i wanted to say previously lol

--
Indeed you can. It's designed to be a supplementary service. Ultimately, one that will work with all the other features, and just provide basic profiles for characters who don't feel like installing the mod.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrightythen.

1) You can head to Admin > Import Roster from Armory to (you guessed it) import your Roster from the Armory. (clever name, eh?) This is sort of a replacement for the GRSS Roster Import procedure, but it doesn't do the Ranks, and it obviously can't do anyone that ISN'T in the Armory (like someone who hasn't logged in for 5 months, for example)

and

2) Head to Admin > Armory Settings and check the box for "Maintain Profiles" and once a week or so, all the profiles on your site will be updated according to the data in the armory. Keep in mind this process runs for all the sites, and well, there are a lot of sites with a lot of characters, so this process is not predictable when it will get to your site...It is expected to run for several days non-stop. This will update the following for each character in your site: Equipped armor, Factions, Profession Levels, Basic Talent Build, and Arena PVP Info. (You will still need the GuildBank mod for Bank and Bag contents, Specific Profession skills, more detailed Talent Build, etc).

Enjoy!

I haven't ran this yet. What does it do when someone leaves your guild? Also can we get a notice posted the last time the Armory update was completed? Maybe at the top next to the site renewal notice.

Toddler

--

I haven't ran this yet. What does it do when someone leaves your guild? Also can we get a notice posted the last time the Armory update was completed? Maybe at the top next to the site renewal notice.

This works exactly like the "GRSS Roster Uploader" except that the data is coming from the Armory instead.

--
Quote by Chops

This works exactly like the "GRSS Roster Uploader" except that the data is coming from the Armory instead.

Only I tried it last night and the data form the Armory is lagging. It's like a week old.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Thanks Chops. Your continued support amazes me. You really made buying this site worthwhile.
Quote by Zaekeon
Thanks Chops. Your continued support amazes me. You really made buying this site worthwhile.

Glad you dig it mate!

--
Do you know if blizzrad will implement the armory as detailed as you have the guildbank mod. and of course dont rid of the guildbank mod... cause if blizzard decided the armory is a scratch... well you know.

--
Do you know if blizzrad will implement the armory as detailed as you have the guildbank mod. and of course dont rid of the guildbank mod... cause if blizzard decided the armory is a scratch... well you know.

I have no idea what blizzard intends on doing with their Armory, but I have no intentions of getting rid of the guildbank mod.

--
Quote by Chops

I am such a Dumbass, I didn't see the option after I filled out the Server info to do the import. Pretty sweet. The last screen that identifies accounts with different ranks then the website account is a little condusing though.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrightythen.

and

Enjoy!

Chops -
This seems like it will be a really cool feature, so I implememnted it on our site. But after I did the initial roster import and my settings setup - there is no new information showing for the roster toons. It looks exactly like it did prior to importing the Armory stuff. Does it take a while even after the initial upload to update?

- Chris

--
We Wear Helmets
Quote by chrisault
Quote by Chops
Alrightythen.

and

Enjoy!

Chops -
This seems like it will be a really cool feature, so I implememnted it on our site. But after I did the initial roster import and my settings setup - there is no new information showing for the roster toons. It looks exactly like it did prior to importing the Armory stuff. Does it take a while even after the initial upload to update?

- Chris

So in Chops post if you read he expects this to be a slow process with no guarantee when you site will be run. But here is the real problem that I see.

Blizzard has some serious issues with the Armory. Their data seems to be a few days behind. I ran a test the night Chops release this and it showed my GM still in the guild (hell still on the server) when he had transfered almost a week before. I personally don't thing the Armory is as reliable as Blizz wants it to be or that it should be. This pains me because they should be pulling data from their own game servers and can't manage to do it right.

--
I personally don't thing the Armory is as reliable as Blizz wants it to be or that it should be. This pains me because they should be pulling data from their own game servers and can't manage to do it right.

No, it's not terribly reliable. Now, the two armory integration processes are a different as night and day.

The Roster importer mechanism is a "do it when you want it" type of thing. You run it, it grabs the data, and you're off. The next tiem you want to run it, you have to go back and do it again. In that regard it's very similar to the GRSS Roster Uploader.

The character profile thing runs sporatically throughout the week. Simply enabling it doesn't necessarily mean you'll see these changes immediately. The reason for this is two reasons:

1) It has to do every charcter for every guild that does it. If every guild uses that, we're looking at around 70,000 members. This takes a while.

2) Out of respect for blizzard's servers. While my single machine reading from it isn't going to crash the Armory servers, if every system like mine decided to implement something like this and didn't take care with it, Blizzard would start implementing some sort of farming blocks to prevent us from harvesting the data.

--
Just keep in mind guys... Blizz has a nice big Word written across their Armory Logo: BETA
Quote by Noblekain
Just keep in mind guys... Blizz has a nice big Word written across their Armory Logo: BETA

Indeed. It's not terribly reliable yet, but hopefully in the future it will be better.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Noblekain

Indeed. It's not terribly reliable yet, but hopefully in the future it will be better.

And exactly why in my statement I said
I personally don't thing the Armory is as reliable as Blizz wants it to be or that it should be

--

[Back to Index]