Password:

Forgot your password?
Browser compatibilty - Need help

Browser compatibilty - Need help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Hello i have been trying to make my site look mthe same on Firefox, Netscape, And IE

I seem to have made a mistake, im only a novice at this.
anyway the site look great on IE, FireFox And Netscape

however on Netscape and firefox My menu Items are not indenting like they are ment to, this is my only problem thus far.

Everything (with a few exeptions) Uses Css it seems to me Netscape and firefox are not displaying the cell padding for this
were IE is displaying it corectly.

Any help would be Great! I hear that chops guy is good at assisting with these issues *hint hint*

I think that I spent longer getting IE to behave than I spent designing my page and coding it. I did a lot of searches on the net. Keep plugging at it, and people with more experience than I will help.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
In my experiments with your code, I found that in the .MenuChoice element, if I changed your padding to 50px, it worked fine in Firefox. I've not yet determined the reason for the difference between IE and Firefox.

You could try redefining it using the IE specific tags. Something liek this, though my code is untested here.

<!--[if gte IE 5.5]>
<style type="text/css">
.MenuChoice:
padding:50px;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->

--
It's all in the reflexes.
IE treats width and height statements as if they were actually min-height and min-width statements. Nothing like following standards! (Not the Microsoft ever really did.) It also does some wacked out things with borders.

You can also do some things like:
img.OrcOverlay
{
position:absolute;
right:0px;
top:19px;
_top:22px;}

IE reads the 19, FF reads the 22.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood