Password:

Forgot your password?
Late notes on calendar

Late notes on calendar
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

It would be nice to add a late note to an event signup after the fact. If I've already signed up for something and want to add a late note, I have to first cancel my signup and then do it again with the note. For guilds that use signup time as the indicator of who goes, this scenario is suboptimal.
There is a complication here though, in regards to the signup approval process. If a signup is approved for the raid before it's marked as late, that's a way of circumventing that process, and then it makes the officers appear to be at fault for approving a signup that's marked late when in actuality, when the signup was approved, it wasn't marked as late.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I see your point. Perhaps what's needed are two controls:
  • checkbox for "I will be late" which can only be added at signup
  • generic note field which can be modified at any time

Right now I see the "late" indicator used mostly as a generic note. For example, we're putting together a run to get people keyed for instances and create a calendar event. A number of us are already keyed, so we signup, hit the "late" checkbox, and then put a note of "I don't need it, but am available to help." Specific example: event details for first event on 5.2.2007 on hawt.dkpsystem.com.

Or maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. I just read about the new raid categories feature, but don't quite grasp the details yet. Could this problem be solved using that feature? Something like create two categories, "need to be keyed" and "already keyed but can help"? Not sure if that would work ...
Or maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. I just read about the new raid categories feature, but don't quite grasp the details yet. Could this problem be solved using that feature? Something like create two categories, "need to be keyed" and "already keyed but can help"? Not sure if that would work ...

That actully would work for that. Make secondary roles called something like "Need Key" and "Have Key" (and select all classes for each). Then they can sign up with their role DPS, Melee, whatever, and choose the secondary role of "Key Needed"

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]