Password:

Forgot your password?
Remove private thread tags

Remove private thread tags
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

How can the admin account remove private thread tags created by users no longer present? is there a way an admin can edit and move all threads regardless of the actual owner?
The only way to remove a private thread tag is with the "Reset Site" mechanism which clears most of the data.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Can we add a way to do this? I think we might be protecting the privacy of private threads..but maybe a way to delete the thread without reading it or something. There just seems to be a lot of clutter.
Quote by gaal
Can we add a way to do this? I think we might be protecting the privacy of private threads..but maybe a way to delete the thread without reading it or something. There just seems to be a lot of clutter.

While agree that keeping forum size down to a minimum is ideal I think you lost me on that last one.

You can not see a private thread unless you are a participant in that thread so I am not sure where the clutter is coming from for threads you can't see.

If you have moderator privileges to destroy a thread in a specific tag then you can delete any private thread in that tag that you are a part of.

Here is the option I would like to see.

Delete Private Threads
Condition Delete private threads where all participant members = deleted. This would mean that a private thread between 2 former guild members would no longer eating up space on the system and is obviously not needed since none of the members that could see or read the thread exist on the system.

Delete Private Thread Tags
Condition Delete private threads tags and subsequent threads in those tags where all participant members = deleted. This would mean that a private thread between 2 former guild members would no longer eating up space on the system and is obviously not needed since none of the members that could see or read the thread exist on the system.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Our issue stems from the fact that we have class forums that only those class members can see...these were not created with the normal thread tag route they were made as private threads..

This would all be eliminated if we had a threadtag owned by a class instead ? or something to that affect
Quote by gaal
Our issue stems from the fact that we have class forums that only those class members can see...these were not created with the normal thread tag route they were made as private threads..

This would all be eliminated if we had a threadtag owned by a class instead ? or something to that affect

2 things that would help.
1 for clutter. There is an option to show all Private threads but not an option to do that opposite within a thread tag.

2. Chops I've thought about this for a while. Everyone hates the know it all Warrior that posts in the Mage thread about how a mage should DPS. There should be options that to setting up class thread tags to not make them private but set them based on Class and not Rank. IE maybe anyone of rank X or higher can read them but you can only post if your main is a Mage. And then obviously provide a rank based moderation system.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]