Password:

Forgot your password?
People Cant Post

People Cant Post
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Well the past few days I have had a couple long time guild members cant seem to post...they have had to go to applications...LOL to let us know anything....I have checked all my settings and nothing has changed....both happen to be class leaders as well...and should be able to post anywhere..unlike non-members can only see and post in General.

Also one says he can now only see the General Section and none of the other sections like Classes...Raid Instances etc...I asked him to check his filter but he states there is nothing there but General?

Please HELP...Thank You

--
Check the ranks (Admin > Ranks) on your site and in-game, and make sure they match exactly.

Looking at your ranks, I see two glaring errors.

My guess is that you recently changed the text of the ranks in-game, and then ran the roster uploader.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

My guess is that you recently changed the text of the ranks in-game, and then ran the roster uploader.

Yes I did upload the roster recently...didnt realize that would happen..thank you once again Chops for your help.

The ppl that were having the problems arent on now so tommrow I will ask them if i fixed it right..lol Im such a noobie..

--
Quote by Chops
Check the ranks (Admin > Ranks) on your site and in-game, and make sure they match exactly.

I recently did the same thing and it looks like anyone whose rank is their actual guild rank instead of one of the site defaults can no longer post. In this case, that means I'm the only one that can actully post on my site since I still have the Guild Master rank. From what I can tell, the site ranks match up with the uploaded in-game ranks.
Then you'll need to be sure to check out Admin > Thread Tags, and verify that the ranks are appropriately assigned.

--
Quote by Chops
Then you'll need to be sure to check out Admin > Thread Tags, and verify that the ranks are appropriately assigned.
Ah, that did it. The values that were displayed on the page differed from what the values were when I went to edit the settings. Thanks for the help.
Gah! I made all my ranks correct in the admin options and still can't get it to work! I even checked forum options!
Quote by tank1
Gah! I made all my ranks correct in the admin options and still can't get it to work! I even checked forum options!

Your problem is just that you didn't purchase the forum portion of the site. If you head to Admin, you'll see the following near the top:

Until the forum package is purchased, you won't have the option to post any new threads.

The reason forums aren't included as a part of the base system is since forums tend to be the largest, most visited part of a site, if a customer is using their own forums hosted elsewhere, we don't want to charge them for that service (for lightening the load, so to speak). So the base system is then cheaper than it otherwise would be if it included the forums.

Make sense?

--
Ahh, thanks man!

[Back to Index]