Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Guides - New guides default to not shown on menu. Can't change setting.

Guides - New guides default to not shown on menu. Can't change setting.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Ok so I'm working on splitting up our guild rules which has gotten too long to be easy to find information in. I wanted to create some sub-guides which I can then link to from the main guide which worked fine. New guides I create default to not being shown on the menu.

Then I went to create a new top level guide though that should show on the menu and it's not showing up on the menu. I've clicked everywhere I can but I can't find any way to set the guide to be included in the menu.

I tried finding help on the new guide feature (the ability to have guides not show on menu is relatively new) and I cam to realize that new features aren't being very well documented. Doing a FAQ search for 'guide' shows no articles for example. I'm guessing this would be an excellent use of the wiki when it's finished so that the user community (like me!) could document how things work.

In the meantime though... help!
OMG I think I found it.

What is this new menu administration. It's crazy complex and cool.
Quote by tkieffer
OMG I think I found it.

What is this new menu administration. It's crazy complex and cool.

I'm in the boat you just hopped out of. Where is the option?
Quote by motlycys
I'm in the boat you just hopped out of. Where is the option?

Ok so once you create a guide to get it to show you then need to pop over into Menu Administration.

As you're adding a menu item one of the type options is "Guide". You can then select from the next drop down the guides which have not yet been linked via another menu.

Pretty easy once you figure it out.
Yep. Guides have been directly seperated from the menu. Adding a guide no longer makes it an immediate menu item. The reasoning for this is to allow nested guides, allowing for a much more in-depth type of guide.

You could have a single page called "Guild Guides" which then links to all the other guides in whatever format you wish to display. It's vastly more flexible but does require a bit more work.

The new rule is this:

The ONLY place to add, remove, or modify menu items is from Admin > Menu Administration. There are a few minor exceptions.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]