Password:

Forgot your password?
Zero sum DKP steps

Zero sum DKP steps
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I have read the two articles on Planning your loot system and Building your dkp system.
I am trying to setup a zero sum DKP system based on the dkp spent on items as opposed to boss kills.
I have checked the box in DKP confiugration for "Total is determined by Dividing Earned by Spent (used primarily by EPGP)"
I have set the dkp value for boss kills to zero. But I cant seem to make the dkp spent redistribute to the people in the raid when the item drops.

Could you provides steps on how to do this via GRSS? Maybe the DKP configuration is wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Quote by dino
I have read the two articles on Planning your loot system and Building your dkp system.
I am trying to setup a zero sum DKP system based on the dkp spent on items as opposed to boss kills.
I have checked the box in DKP confiugration for "Total is determined by Dividing Earned by Spent (used primarily by EPGP)"
I have set the dkp value for boss kills to zero. But I cant seem to make the dkp spent redistribute to the people in the raid when the item drops.

Could you provides steps on how to do this via GRSS? Maybe the DKP configuration is wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok.

I'm assuming that you're talking about assigning the points when uploading the GRSS data, not in game. Reason I say that is you can't do it in game. The in game tool is really just for recording and for convenience when looking up points.

For zero sum you need to have GRSS record the boss kills. The reason for this is that the DKP system takes points out of the system via loot awarded and it adds points back into the system via boss kill snapshots. DKPsystem won't magically know who was in the raid and should get those points unless you record that via a snapshot.

Since loot only appears after a boss dies this shouldn't be a problem to think through even in a zero sum system. What you do then when uploading the points:

1. At the top charge the members who bought something for the points they either bid or spent on flat price (depending how your system is set up).

2. Then for each boss snapshot you need to figure out how many points were spent on loot dropped by that particular boss. Enter the points into the points earned field and make sure the check the checkbox which says to redistribute points earned amongts all members in snapshot.

Doing it that way also makes sure only members actually present for that particular kill earn the points. You'll have to play with the implementation (do you want to uncheck the people who bought items on that particular snapshot for example)... do members not in raid but who were waiting out front and are recorded in the "guild" section of the snapshot earn some of those points?

I'd recommend taking a snapshot and heading over to the demo site. Create a new DKP system there and import some snapshots. That way you can see what happens when you assign loot to different individuals and how the redistribution works on the boss snapshots.
Thanks for the reply, here is what I want to do and feel free to suggest a better way.

I would like to record/redistribute zero sum dkp with item drops. This can be from trash mobs or boss kills.
It would seem that the best way to record who was present for the drops by manually taking a snapshot as opposed to using the autosnapshot because people may come and go during the raid. So I see myself doing the following when items drop in Kara:

1. After Huntsmen is down, type /grss huntsmen
2. During trash mob kills an epic drops, type /grss trash1
3. After Mores is down, type /grss moroes
4. After Maiden is down, type /grss maiden
5. Keep doing this for multiple bosses and then do an upload at the end of the raid of the multiple snapshots, redistributing points spent.

The above manual snapshot is needed so I know who was present for each item drop so I can redistribute dkp based on dkp spent.

Is there a limit on the number of individual snapshots taken?
Do you have a better suggestion to handle zero sum dkp based on dkp spent on items dropped?

Thank you again and I really do like the way the in-game mod works.
1. After Huntsmen is down, type /grss huntsmen
2. During trash mob kills an epic drops, type /grss trash1
3. After Mores is down, type /grss moroes
4. After Maiden is down, type /grss maiden

You can still have the system take an auto snapshot at boss kills if i am reading it correctly, then when the loot box pops up you just type in the points spent. at the end of the night you go to site and do all your processing, or you can process real time if ya like do all your looting then type /console reloadui then download and then upload and type /console reloadui.

This is only if you want to run a "Real Time" spending and earning

As it says in the guide you can have these website pages minimized to speed up the process, should only take a few moments, just enough time for members to eat, drink, and re-ready themselves for next encounter.

Any thoughts...

--
Your steps sound good

Quote by dino
Is there a limit on the number of individual snapshots taken?

Hmm. Not that I know of.

Quote by dino
Do you have a better suggestion to handle zero sum dkp based on dkp spent on items dropped?

Not that I know of. It's fairly straightforward once you get used to it. As Shams said you could still utilize the auto snapshot, but since you'll need one with a trash drop too you may get out of the habit of taking the snapshot if you only have to do it manually for that scenario (I know I end up forgetting those few manual instances when I have it on auto normally).
Thank you very much for the feedback. Its manageable now.
The key step is the manual sum of dkp per boss/trash kill where an item drops. I have to remember which items dropped when because the GRSS upload pools all the items together.
Quote by dino
The key step is the manual sum of dkp per boss/trash kill where an item drops. I have to remember which items dropped when because the GRSS upload pools all the items together.

True.

A trick I used to use was to check the timestamp of the drop. They should be fairly close to the GRSS snapshot of the boss kill timestamp.
Quote by dino

This is the one true hassle of using the GRSS with Zero Sum. But I recognize that as a hassle, and have been thinking about implementations to try and make it smoother.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Question which seems to fit here.

I am not using GRSS yet ... as I am not actually raiding again yet. Just trying to get a handle on the DkP system here before hand.

So if I am not using GRSS, and essentially just throwing a bunch of characters and item drops at the raid, do I have to manually total all of the points for the items, and then enter that in the raid and redistribute it? Or does the system actually look for item drops associated with the raid, total them, and redistribute them?

--
Quote by dj
So if I am not using GRSS, and essentially just throwing a bunch of characters and item drops at the raid, do I have to manually total all of the points for the items, and then enter that in the raid and redistribute it? Or does the system actually look for item drops associated with the raid, total them, and redistribute them?

Hmm.

I'm not sure what you mean. Since you mention redistribution I'm guessing you're talking about zero sum... in which case no, GRSS will not do all the work for you. GRSS will only record what items dropped and will take raid/party snapshots when you tell it to (or automatic for most raid bosses).

Can you provide more info on what you mean?

[Back to Index]