Password:

Forgot your password?
<!-- Menu:Title --> Fustrations!!!

<!-- Menu:Title --> Fustrations!!!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Ok so I am trying to make the titles have a background image but yea...cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I geather I need to be useing the <!-- Menu:StaticName --> but the example that is give is, lets just say, not the best for my blondeness.

Welp site is http://chaosandmayhem.dkpsystem.com/. Any help could be useful.

Also while I have you here. How would it be best to go about adding a footer to place the copyright and have it look as nice as the header? <plan html maybe?>
Ok so I am trying to make the titles have a background image but yea...cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I geather I need to be useing the <!-- Menu:StaticName --> but the example that is give is, lets just say, not the best for my blondeness.

I'm guessing you're talking about the menus?

If so that's actually in the Current Menu File. The Menu file is fairly simple and is bascially laid out like this:

<table>
     <tr>
          <td>
               <!-- Menu:Title -->
          </td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
          <td>
               <!-- Menu:StartItemList -->
               <!-- Menu:StartItem -->
               <!-- Menu:Link -->" <!--Menu opup -->><!-- Menu:LinkName -->
               <!-- Menu:EndItem -->
               <!-- Menu:EndItemList -->
               <!-- Menu:StartStandAlone -->
               <!-- Menu:StandAloneContent -->
               <!-- Menu:EndStandAlone -->
          </td>
     </tr>
</table>

So what you want to do is modify that first <td> section. Either via CSS (MenuCat) or via oldschool html directly in the <td>

Also while I have you here. How would it be best to go about adding a footer to place the copyright and have it look as nice as the header? <plan html maybe?>

The copyright is <!-- System:Copyright -->. So all you need to do is create some kind of copy of your top and put that in there. If you don't put that code the page engine automatically just sticks it on the bottom.
Tkieffer, sugestion should work for the menus just assign a background image to the <td> that the title is in.

This statement took me back many many years. It once was common practice to put very well designed footers on pages. They usually held very raw html with the pages links for browsers that didn't support new standards.

I would ask why would you want to do that the copyright has to be there but I would not draw attention to it. It has nothing to do with your site or your sites funstionallity. All I would do is make sure it is at the bottom (or it might appear somewhere you don't want it) and use a very small font and a simple color that does not draw attention to it.

Quote by Kriknosnah
Tkieffer, sugestion should work for the menus just assign a background image to the <td> that the title is in.

This statement took me back many many years. It once was common practice to put very well designed footers on pages. They usually held very raw html with the pages links for browsers that didn't support new standards.

I would ask why would you want to do that the copyright has to be there but I would not draw attention to it. It has nothing to do with your site or your sites funstionallity. All I would do is make sure it is at the bottom (or it might appear somewhere you don't want it) and use a very small font and a simple color that does not draw attention to it.

I see so I may just change the font color to a shade of gray then so it doesn't stand out as much thank you.

As far as the <td> thing goes welp that is something I am having some issues with. When I do the normal HTML coding in there its not showing. Do I need to over ride something?
As far as the <td> thing goes welp that is something I am having some issues with. When I do the normal HTML coding in there its not showing. Do I need to over ride something?

I get the sense that you may be over looking somethings and to help you beter I need to make sure of what you are seeing.

First, your above statement seems to indicate that you maybe looking at the layout.htm file ("When I do the normal HTML" what is that). If so the sample code that tkieffer posted was a rough guess at what your menupage.htm architecture may look like. As nether of us has our original menupage.htm file (and it probably has been changed) could I have you just copy and past all the code out of your menupage.htm file here (make sure you use the bbcode [code] tags above).

This will allow us to see which lines need editing and further instruct you on how best to get what you need done.
Yea my earlier post was just an example. I wasn't sure what else you had changed.

I believe this here is the actual default:

<table border=0 class="Menu" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="167">
<tr>
<td class="MenuCat" align="center"><!-- Menu:Title --></td>
</tr>
<!-- Menu:StartItemList -->
<tr>
<td class="MenuChoice" align="left">
<!-- Menu:StartItem -->
<li><a href="<!-- Menu:Link -->" <!--Menu opup -->><!-- Menu:LinkName --></a></li>

<!-- Menu:EndItem -->
</tr>
<!-- Menu:EndItemList -->

<!-- Menu:StartStandAlone -->
<tr>
<td class=MenuChoice align=left>
<!-- Menu:StandAloneContent -->
</td>

</tr>
<!-- Menu:EndStandAlone -->
</table>

[Back to Index]