Password:

Forgot your password?
My guild CSS code

My guild CSS code
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

As I’ve told you in the past i'm still a beginner with the CSS styles. But I have figured out how to change my looks and can see it when I do the test. But, when I make it active; I get the front page of the DKP site instead of the information on mine. So this tells me that the default isn’t the default of my current settings it’s the default layout of the site if you where new. So to get to my point; can you make the default coding be set to mine or upload the template that I should be working with that has my banner and so on?

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Right now, the Default Layout File is a canned, general-purpose one. One of the things that will be implemented is to tailor the default layout file to your current layout file.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
One thing for you to note, hit the refresh button. Your page won't look changed until you hit that button

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ
One thing for you to note, hit the refresh button. Your page won't look changed until you hit that button

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ

It's not the refresh button that does it, it's just the reinitiation of the "Test It" button, but yeah, it's essentially the same thing.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--

----
~Jaidyn
GM TOoJ

I was talking about when I go live with my new css file it has the banner and layout of the DPK homepage. It dosnt keep the layout of my current look with my new borders and imgs.

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
I was a little unclear on how this works at first myself, so I will try to give you what I know.

There are 2 ways to configure this site. The manual and the automatic.

Automatic: This is the canned out of the box site that we all start with. You modify things through the admin page only.

Manual: You need to modify the menu template, layout template, and the css template and then upload them. You can not just do one. The layout template is the trickiest. You need to tell the template where to put things by completely rewriting the web page. Where you want to put in content from dkpsystem.com, you instert the special calls to the menus that you want. There is more documentation in the admin section about this. This process is a major task.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Hey Chops,

Not sure if you can set it up or not but, Could you do something like Myspace does. where you can change the code then just upload it in. It doesnt really seam much of a differnt system then the one you have is it?

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Honestly, I'm not familiar with how Myspace does things, but it doesn't sound very different, based on your description.

----

--
Honestly, I'm not familiar with how Myspace does things, but it doesn't sound very different, based on your description.

----

Yah if you google myspace edit it will bring up alot of sites that has pre-made layouts and ways you can make your own. Then you just upload the code into one of the editing sections then it changes the layout. Which sounds like it just takes over the current CSS sheet without alot of problems. see if you can get any ideas from that and hopfuly get rid of you wanted editing problems

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Is there a reason that you have to change all three files (menu, layout, and .css)? Is is possible to change it so that you can just change the css and upload it, or the menu, without changing the layout file?

----
The New Beginnings
Thorium Brother Hood
Guild Webmaster

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Is there a reason that you have to change all three files (menu, layout, and .css)? Is is possible to change it so that you can just change the css and upload it, or the menu, without changing the layout file?

----
The New Beginnings
Thorium Brother Hood
Guild Webmaster

you CAN actually get away with only modifying the layout file. If you leave the default menu, you should be fine, and if you point your css file to /style.php, it'll use the style information defined in your color scheme settings.

----

--

[Back to Index]