Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Logged out in the middle of a lengthy post??? GRR!!!

Logged out in the middle of a lengthy post??? GRR!!!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'll keep this cool headed for now.

But I just lost a very lengthy post on my guilds forums. I got done typing and editing it and I clicked submit and it said I had to be loged in. I must admit this borders on insanity that I had permistion to reply to that post in the forums to start how that heck did I loose permision to submit the post.

I would really appreciate this not happening again cause when you spend a good hour putting together a thoughtfull post you don't want to have to remember what it was you typed!

Further once I logged in and went "back" the page was blank.
OUCH!!
I have had odd ball garbage like that happen to me with long replies also. I sure hope it was a simple correctable why the heck could you sit and hit reply in the first place if you had to be logged in to do it. I think that is easier for Chops to find and fix as opposed to trying to find out if/why you were suddenly logged out your site while doing something.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
LOL...

CLEARLY, you have never posted on Blizzard WoW forums... as they are horribly prone to this behavior. You learn really quickly to always Ctrl+A/Ctrl+C your post before you submit. I've lost a good 4+hours in total to Bliz WoW forums doing this to me.

While I have never had this happen to me on DKPSystem (thank God!), it sucks that it happened to you. THis is where the forums really should NOT use Session Variables to store the User Info for Post Submission.
I use and have used a large number of different forums and I had not see this kind of problem till the WoW forums and then on my guild forums earlier today (I am so frustrated I haven't even tried to repost it).

Blizzard can make a good game but I must say they have some of the worst forums ever, amongst the many problems being logged out while posting.

I have created several user loggin systems and this type of problem is easily avoided.
I have created several user loggin systems and this type of problem is easily avoided.

Easy for anyone to say. How about some specific suggestions instead? I know Chops reads all this stuff eventually and might get an idea or two.
Yea your right anyone could say that.

As for sugestions I could sit here and guess at how he set up his session controls or guess how a session is stored or guess at how a session is set to time out.

But guessing is all I could do as to a solution as I don't know how he controls any part of a loggged in users session and my sugestions could very well be useless, as how a programer sets up a session is a lot of personal preference (which is good as it radomizes security techniquies).

Now with all that said it blows my credibility out of the water. So may be I should list some work I have done. But the only problem with that is I would have to give you access to the backend (CMS's) of several web sites and for securities sake that would be a bad idea, especially on public forums.

Now I guarantee I can set up user session controls (I have done several). My earlier statments do express some frustration as I lost a lot of hard work (thought and data gathering). Most likely the problem already has a solution it is just bugged and needs a second look by Chops and everything will work as intended.
I hate when that happens - I haven't seen that happening on dkpsystem thank god.

But as many others I have experienced it other places aswell - and this has made me write long posts like you refer to in a text document.

I have tried shit like that to many times so always write the long ones somewhere else - and then as also said copy / paste ftw.

Ouch indeed. I'm sorry for that. I can honestly say I've never had that happpen to me on this system, and didn't think it was even possible.

But now that I've had this report of it, I'll be sure to look into this to make sure it doesn't happen again.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
You know I was thinking that, the problem maybe more in depth than just a random log out.

I don't know how you set up the system but it looks to automatically keep the user logged in. Now occationally when I go into the site I have to log in again. Now I just assumed the cookies for keeping me logged in just timed out according to your parameters. But I guess I could be wrong about this assumtion, but if not maybe it will give you clue as to were the problem lies.

[Back to Index]